How to add Gridbox Content Editor to Zero App?

Continue Reading
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Support Policy
Remember me

Add "Tag" to Field Filter and Carousel Slider

2 weeks 4 days ago #1

• Paul Gomirato
Hi

I've been working with the Zero App and Filters and must say I love the additional power these options give us.

So, I am building a real estate website and using "Tag" option to add "Open House" on listing pages.

When creating a Carousel slider to display one Listing Category (i.e. Residential), I have custom selected certain fields to display - redemo.pgadvdesign.com/listings/residential

I would like to be able to add "Open House" as a custom filed as well but note that Carousel doesn't provide a way to select a Tag as a filter. Is there a way to do this or would you consider adding this ability to the Filter?

Also, the only way to display pages by a selected Tag is using the Menu and select "Tags". This option doesn't allow for changing the styling of the default Category View (i.e. it displays the same look as the Category Post styling) - I would like to be able to add new Carousel plugin to a page, filter by Tag, and then style it independently. Is this something you would consider?

I think having the option to filter by Tag would be another great way to filter pages - seeing as Tag is easy to assign on pages for quick way to spotlight/group pages.

2 weeks 4 days ago #2

• Artem
Hi, Paul!

Tag "Open House"
Add additional field, Checkbox with one value "Open House". In the field settings hide it on all devices. So, in this case you'll be able to add field Open House to the filter and inside property page it wouldn't be displayed, since it hidden.

Carousel Slider
In this case I can propose you to create page Open Hoses with using standard Gridbox Single Page. Feel free to add Carousel, and category listing you can implement using Gridbox plugin "Recent Posts"

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 4 days ago #3

• Paul Gomirato
Thanks Artem

I was able to get your Open House Tag suggestion working. Is there a way through CSS to change the color of the Open House text so it "pops" out from the other fields? I have attached a screen shot.

For the Carousel, I am a bit confused with your suggestion - I had tried creating a standard Single page and added a Post Slider. It was here where I only saw option to select a Category - in my case "Residential". The issue here is that it then displays ALL Residential Posts - I want to be able to filter Residential Posts to only display the ones that have OPEN HOUSE filter active.

I hope I am making sense :)

2 weeks 4 days ago #4

• Paul Gomirato
OK, figured out the CSS to change color, so hoping you can update me on the second point?

2 weeks 4 days ago #5

• Artem
I can propose you to use "Featured Posts". Mark all Posts with open house as featured

In the recent posts plugin set to display only Featured Posts

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 4 days ago #6

• Paul Gomirato
Thanks but I am already using Featured option to allow customer to custom select "any" listing they want to spotlight which "may" include "Open House" posts.

I was hoping for a way to create a page with "Recent Posts plugin that can be filtered by the Tag only - in my case, Open House Tag.

I assume this is not doable now but maybe you will agree being able to select a Tag to display filtered Posts will enhance our ability to create more comprehensive content display?

1 day 6 hours ago #7

• Webdegelijk
I agree!