Remember me

Gridbox: add item type in title of the edit window

6 years 2 months ago #1

• Jeremie
Hi !

I think it would be interesting to have information about the type of element we are editing in Gridbox.

When editing an element on a page, it is sometimes confusing : what type of element am I editing ? A row ? a button ? an accordion ? an overlay ?? Edit windows quite look the same, with General, Backgroud/Design, and Layout tabs.
So, when looking at an existing page, we have to guess the type of the elements.

I have 2 suggestions :
1. It would be very handy to have the element type written as title of the edit page --> typically I would see it appear in the dark blue bar on top of the edit window (where we find the "X" for closing the window).

2. It would also be interesting to have the type of the element written, when we hover the element parameters button (the round button with the gear item). Up to now, a tooltip appears after a few seconds with simplified information : "section", "row", "item". it would be nice to have it appear immediately in the hover menu for example, and with more detailed info on 'items' : text, social media bar (yes ! nice new feature by the way !), button, icon...

Don't know if I'm clear. ;)

I would like to add pictures, but it's quite complicated to add pictures in the forum, if I have to host them somewhere else...

Best regards,

Jérémie

6 years 2 months ago #2

• Artem
Hi, Jérémie!

1. Titles for all options panels already added, update your Gridbox up to 2.2.3 ;)

2. Delay we have added because it's very uncomfortable when tooltips always jumpings. Just a few hours with Gridbox and you don't need hints :)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

6 years 2 months ago #3

• Jeremie
How nice ! I was just thinking of it, you did it ! (by the way, I was still operating 2.3.1 when I made my tests).

Regarding point 2 : tooltip is indeed not my favorite behaviour (I would not cry long if they disappear totally ;-) ). I would prefer to have the type of item noted on top of the dark horizontal menu that opens when I hover on the green/blue/purple button with the gear. There's not a lot of room in this menu bar, but perhaps written in small it would fit in there.

6 years 2 months ago #4

• Artem
Thanks for your advice, we'll take into account! :)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com