Remember me

Gridbox - Add theme default design parameters

6 years 2 months ago #1

• Jeremie
Hi !

It would be very useful to have a set of default design parameters added to the theme parameters. Up to now there are typography options that are very nice, and that affect the whole theme when changed (e.g. changing the color of links /hover changes link color all over the theme).

But it would be useful to define the default design for some other elements : buttons, titles (in blog app)...
When you load a template you have default parameters for buttons (and other elements) but you cannot edit them. For example when you load the King Template, default color for buttons is red.
What I mean by default design f-or buttons is simply that when the button is created, it is created with the default design, but you can change it afterwards. That means changing the default theme design for buttons would not affect buttons already created.

Also it would be very useful to be able to define a theme color palette. Up to now it seems the color palette is a general parameter for the whole site.
And ideally there should be edit rights the theme palette: not all users should be allowed to modify it.

What so you think about those 3 suggestions for enriching theme design ?

Best regards,

Jérémie

6 years 2 months ago #2

• Artem
Hi, Jérémie!

I was so inspired by idea "default" color palette for the whole theme and ability to change colors for all elements from theme options...

Right now I can say one thing - It would be awesome and professionally. But we need time to implement it, it's required to change absolutely all color pickers in the Gridbox.

Predefined styles for plugins, it's a more complex task, we have some ideas :)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

6 years 2 months ago #3

• Jeremie
Thanks for the feedback !

The reason I chose Gridbox, is to make Joomla editing for my clients as easy as possible (as easy as Wix B) ). And these features would surely help simplify editing for clients...

But I know it takes time to develop. I see all the new features that you release regularly, and I'm pretty impressed by the energy you put in this framework ! :cheer:

6 years 2 months ago #4

• Diana
Hello Jeremie,

Thank you so much for your support and encouragement :cheer:
We highly appreciate it!

Let us know if you need anything else.
Have a nice day :)

Best Regards,
Diana, Balbooa.com

6 years 2 months ago #5

• Maic Fankhauser
Hi Jeremie & Balbooa

As you may remember we already had a discussion about this topic:
support.balbooa.com/forum/suggestions/28...file-downloads#12640

@Artem do you remember that you have been talking about a quick (hack) solution for the moment, to at least make default css settings (colors, radius, aso) globally possible?
Just wondering if there is any progress so far or if its on hold at the moment ;-) No hurry - I know your working hard!

I deffinitly know that my idea of having the possibility of different preset styles for the same plugin / elements is much more work to do.

best wishes
maic

6 years 2 months ago #6

• Diana
Hello Maic,

Thank you for contacting us!

Rest assured we are working really hard on the feature!
Thank you for asking :)

Best Regards,
Diana, Balbooa.com

6 years 2 months ago #7

• Maic Fankhauser
Hi Diana

Thanks for your answer.

All the best,
Maic

6 years 2 months ago #8

• Darren
Have to agree with this. Buttons are major function

6 years 2 months ago #9

• Artem
Dear Friends!

We understand the importance of this functionality, and I want to assure you that we are working on this, in the background mode :)

But adding this functionality is not so simple, the fact is that it requires significant changes, for example, to add the ability to specify the colors of an element from the theme settings, we need:

1. Create basic color variables in theme options

2. Add the ability for users to create their own color variables

3. Create a completely new color picker which will include color selector and list of color variables, which was configured in the theme settings

4. Add color variables to all color fields (Plugins settings) as a default colors

Many Thanks,
Artem, Balbooa.com