Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Forms: save to database for logged in users

1 month 1 week ago #1

• Pierre Cretin
Hi,

Your Forms extension is amazing but I believe that it lacks one important feature: a "save to database" option for logged in users (either for each question or each time the user goes to the next page).

Thanks for your consideration!

1 month 1 week ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion, we will consider it
This option might work for you (multi-page only)

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 month 5 days ago #3

• Pierre Cretin
Thank you very much for your answer! :)

However, it only saves locally, not to database, and this would really be a "must have" feature for me.

I would be delighted if you'd consider this even as a custom development, and would gladly pay for this development.

Please keep me posted!

1 month 5 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
As we wrote to you earlier,
we will take into account your offer

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

3 weeks 2 days ago #5

• BiLe
2 forms? 1 only for registered to access, which will save to database and 1 for guests, which will not save to database.

3 weeks 2 days ago #6

• Pierre Cretin
Hi,

I'm not certain I get your proposition - I don't think that creating 2 different forms will allow to save to database when clicking on the "next" button prior to submitting the whole form.

But please correct me if I'm wrong.

3 weeks 2 days ago #7

• Artem
BiLe wrote:
2 forms? 1 only for registered to access, which will save to database and 1 for guests, which will not save to database.

This is a great idea!

You need to create 2 forms. One form with saving data to database display only for registered users, and another form (without saving to data base) display for non registered

If your page builder doesn't allow to set permissions for page grid items as it possible in Gridbox :whistle: , you need to create 2 custom HTML modules to each module add Forms shortcodes, and in module settings set permissions - For registered and public :)

And add to page these Custom HTML modules with your forms.

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

3 weeks 1 day ago #8

• Pierre Cretin
Hi Artem,

Thanks for your message.

I believe we are not talking about the same thing: the issue here is that I have a long form (let's say 10 pages) that registered users have to complete.

Since this form is long, users may not be able to fill them in one single session and may want to resume it at a later time, and sometimes on another computer (or smartphone).

Since the form does calculations based on different fields, it can hardly be split.

And users usually don't click on a "Save" button anyway on a web form.

Therefore, it would be great if the component could save data to the database, at least each time the "Next" button, which allows to proceed to the next page, is clicked.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

3 weeks 22 hours ago #9

• Artem
Pierre,

Thanks for the explanation. At the moment, we can only offer you the solution that was proposed above
support.balbooa.com/forum/suggestions/17...ogged-in-users#81006

We'll take into account your suggestion :)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

3 weeks 7 hours ago #10

• Pierre Cretin
OK, thanks for your message and for your consideration :)

Take care!