Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Automatic Notifications after post creation

1 month 1 week ago #1

• Richard Greenhalgh
Hi there,

I'm considering using gridbox and zero app to make an event calendar but I was wondering if it would be possible to send notifications when new events are added.

I was thinking the user action log for joomla 4 could be an option, but not sure if that tracks gridbox changes?

Anyone have any ideas how I could send out notifications for this?

Thanks,
Richard

1 month 1 week ago #2

• Artem
Hi Richard,

What kind of notifications are you talking about?

I can propose you send the email newsletter to customers after adding a new event. In the same way, as we do on our site. After adding new blog post with update we send email newsletter to all our customers :)

Many thanks,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 month 1 week ago #3

• Richard Greenhalgh
Hi Artem,

I was hoping that an email could be sent after a new zero app post had been made. Newsletters are good but it requires the extra manual step and is better suited for marketing, unless it can be automated of course.

I guess it would be possible to have a balbooa form with just a simple "notify other users" then the form sends an email to addresses listed in the form... not ideal as relying on people that create the event to remember to notify the other people...

It would be cool to have some sort of notification system within gridbox where we can like auto share new pages, blog posts, zero app, on facebook, twitter, etc. and emails to those subscribed... just an idea but would be really freaking awesome for any content based site!!!

Also does joomla's built in "user action log" (find it under users management) notify about gridbox events? this could be a good way to do this as every time a new event post would be made it would automatically email the users with the option enabled.

Thanks,
Richard

1 month 1 week ago #4

• Artem
Richard,

Unfortunately, we can't offer anything automatically, everything is only manually - email newsletter and sharing to social networks.

Your ideas are very interesting and make sense. I'll Move this topic to suggestions :)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com