Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

New store clients added to email list

1 month 3 days ago #1

• Objectivetop
Hi there

Adding clients to a mailing list to be able to contact them later - it is known that past customers are more likely to buy again.

Kind regards
Cosmin

1 month 2 days ago #2

• Artem
Hi Cosmin,

I can recommend you to install the AcyMailing extension, in the Gridbox Store App set the ability to checkout only for registered. So, in this case, you will be able to import registered Joomla users to AcyMailing email list

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 month 1 day ago #3

• 9line
Hi Artem,

This is something that we would also love to see added into the Gridbox Store app, the one issue with the way you are saying is that we would need a way for the client to opt in or opt out at checkout for being signed up to the email list.

If there is a way of doing this, that would be fantastic. It is very possible we have missed something.

Many thanks,

1 month 1 day ago #4

• Artem
Yes, you are right - with the "subscribe" checkbox, it's a problem. It's required full integration with AcyMailing.

At the moment can only propose automatically adding all registered users to the AcyMailing mailing list. In the email add "Unsubscribe" and users will be able to unsubscribe.

As an idea, I can propose to add AcyMailing Subscribe module to Gridbox "Thank You Page" with the headline "Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter with discounts" or something like that B)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 month 1 day ago #5

• 9line
Hi Artem,

The 'Thank You' page idea is a fantastic idea and workaround! Would we be correct in assuming that we could also create a Balbooa Form to add to the 'Thank You' page as a newsletter signup feature or would it only be possible with an Acymailing Module?

Many thanks,

1 month 1 day ago #6

• Artem
You can use Balbooa Forms, which includes integration with AcyMailing
www.balbooa.com/joomla-forms-documentati...ymailing-integration

or instead of AcyMailing, you can use online services for sending newsletters: Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, GetResponse.Balbooa Forms ready for that :)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 month 1 day ago #7

• Objectivetop
Hi all

Great suggestions and workarounds. I never fought about the opt-in check box, but that is why there is a community here. The point is to make it as seamless as possible for the customer to opt-in.

Kind regards
Cosmin