Remember me

Display Options/Better Integration with article content

7 months 2 weeks ago #1

• Sequoia
As I have noted in a previous post
You cannot maintain autopopulation of joomla article content within gridbox
nor will gridbox display modules made with gantry5

This is doubly problematic.
Although you can import joomla content you cannot selectively import and the system doesn't just pull only new content, it will clone the entire joomla article content every single time.

Thus anyone who operates a blog or a content driven site cannot effectively use gridbox as it is.

The work around would be to make every new article within the apps within gridbox and then copy and paste them externally into joomla articles. The reason why you would do this is because if you ever stop using gridbox or want to switch builder or templates you have immediately lost much or your content.

*SP Page Builder and Quix can both display gantry5 modules and give you a greater degree of customization when it comes to how the joomla articles will display for "live" self-updated content.

7 months 2 weeks ago #2

• Dave
I am always hoping more core integration can be added. For your reasons and to convert existing sites that are all Joomla based. Right now it's one or the other more or less. Other builders to have some integration as well as other frameworks.

Gridbox is awesome, but some additional Joomla core integration should be added.

7 months 2 weeks ago #3

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Thanks for the detailed description,
we will consider your proposal.

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team