Friday Madness

40%

Grab Discount
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Full Gridbox flexibility on product page in store app

2 weeks 4 days ago #1

• Alex
On the single post layout product page it would be amazing to have full Gridbox flexibility so that we could add or delete plugins like tabs or accordians (rows, columns etc.)

Something I am needing on a current project is the ability to give my client on the product level the ability to add or not add tabs. For example some of their products have a lot of required information which splitting it into tabs makes the most sense but not all products need all the tabs since they have less required information. So for example some products could use tabs for product videos, how to use product descriptions, product ingredients, product awards etc. which it is a nicer user experience to display these things in tabbed view so it is not just a mess of all the information showing at once.

The problem is not all products need this many tabs. Some products just need a description tab and a product video tab.

Since the only way to add tabs is on the single post layout level it means how ever many tabs are added here apply to all products and while you can edit what is inside the tabs on the product level if you add fields in the tabs on the single post layout, you can not delete unnecessary tabs for the products that don't need all of them.

On the individual product there is no option for adding tabs in the description area. It would be great to have full gridbox flexibility on the individual product level. Even if it was just in the general information section where we were able to add the product description to have the ability to add gridbox plugins there would be sufficient but it would be even better if these product pages functioned similar to blogging app in terms of the flexibility of the "Main Content" area.

Thanks again guys for all you do to make gridbox an amazing extension.

2 weeks 4 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

You add the Post Content plugin in the single post layout

support.balbooa.com/forum/gridbox/13601-...-product-pages#64251

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

2 weeks 4 days ago #3

• Alex
Ahhh thank you! That is almost exactly what I needed. The only thing that would make this perfect is if I could have placed the product description code in one of the tabs in the content section .... but I can definitely work with this. Many Thanks!

2 weeks 4 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
You are welcome!
Please feel free to ask any questions.
Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team