Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Membership\Subscriptions + Quiz\Quizzes + LMS

2 months 4 hours ago #1

• Giuseppe
Hi everyone :)
Gridbox is growing incredibly fast and I really like both the "zero app" and the "store app"/Gridbox e-commerce.
I would like to give you some suggestions, really hoping that you might take them into consideration (it would mean that I could finally use your products for all websites I have to make! B) )

1. A Membership/Subscriptions App.
It would work very similarly to the "Digital Product" currently on the Gridbox E-commerce, or the customer account page you currently use in balbooa.com. But instead of a download link with an expiry date, I imagine that after the payment the Joomla user is moved in the database from "registered" to "member". At the end of the "expiry date", the user is moved from "member" to "registered" again. A "renew" button below the expiry date would be great as well. But why so? Zero Apps\Blog already allows setting view permissions based on the user category (guest, registered, etc). This means that blogs/news website could monetize their content by creating blog\zero apps reserved for paying members.

2. Balbooa Quizzes
Balbooa Forms is, at least for me, the best forms plugin in Joomla. There is already great conditional logic in within. What I would really love is to have the possibility to label some options as "correct" or "false" so that the form could actually be used as a quiz for e-learning websites/educational resources/engaging quizzes. I honestly think it would be awesome!

3. Basic (yet powerful) LMS
Despite the fact that Quizzes and Membership App would be individual components, merging the two of them would actually mean you have a basic native learning management system in Joomla through Gridbox. Which would definitely be the best LMS I can imagine of.
Competitors: Most of the current Joomla LMS plugins are primarily developed for desktop users and with "university syllabus" style in mind. A Gridbox zero app or even a simple Gridbox blog app would be the most compelling, mobile-friendly, and highly-customizable way to show educational resources, cross-device.
Imagine your balbooa.com customer page: at the left, there is the expiry date and at the right a list of download links. Now imagine this: at the left, there is the expiry date of your membership, at the right a list of "courses" (actually Zero\Blog Apps) that you can access with your membership. For each item list, there is "final quiz" that the user can start. If he passes it, then the webmaster would receive the submission and release the certificate by personally emailing the user.
I swear that I would prefer a simple yet graphically customizable LMS like the one just described above rather than the LMS Joomla solutions available at the moment: they have a lot of user tracking and automation, but extremely poor front-end usability and graphics.

4. A fully automated LMS
Add automatic certificate release, keeping track of viewed "lessons", and last-visited "lesson" (page) - along with the possibility to click a "continue" button to being redirected to the last-visited page - ... you would have the best Joomla-native LMS.

Thanks for the time spent on my suggestions, and I really hope you would consider some of the suggestions made, although I understand it is impossible to fulfill all your customers' desires. However, I am extremely sure that is not just me, but there are a lot of people that would love Gridbox "Membership&Subscriptions", Balbooa "Quizzes", and Gridbox "LMS".

1 month 4 weeks ago #2

• Artem
Hi Giuseppe!

Thank you for your suggestion, much appreciated!

Yes, agree it's looks very promising, but honestly we need to add tons of features for the store app to provide our customers basic store fuctionality: selling digital products, CSV importing etc. :)

We are very interesting for memberships at the Store App, because I want to migrate Balbooa.com to Gridbox :)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 month 5 days ago #3

• Pash
I plan to sell lessons. Waiting for these features. to start, just use the subscription function.

Планирую продавать уроки. Жду этих функций. Для начала достаточно функцию подписки. Остальное потом.

1 month 5 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Здравствуйте,
Благодарим Вас за обращение к нам

Мы уже добавили "подписки" в список пожеланий.

С Уважением,
Вячеслав, Balbooa.com

1 month 5 days ago #5

• Pash
Great. Thanks

1 month 5 days ago #6

• Vyacheslav
You are welcome ;)
Let us know if you need more assistance!

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

6 days 13 hours ago #7

• Alan
I have a couple of up and coming projects involving memberships and software subscriptions, so the addition of the membership type 'product' to the store app would be perfect for this. As an variation or extension of digital products might not be too huge a development.

Also get the suggestion for an LMS and would be good but I see as a larger, seperate development.

Do you publish development plans with timelines at all?

Thanks for a great and improving product in Gridbox!

5 days 16 hours ago #8

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

We've already added this to our wishlist.
But we will not be able to add this option in the near future,
as we adhere to our plan for adding options (updates).

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

4 hours 24 minutes ago #9

• Alexandr
+1 Vote for Membership