Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Possiblity to Optimize Images on Upload

2 weeks 6 days ago #1

• Dave
Hello, JCE Editor has some image settings for uploading image that can be set so the image is optimized and resized, etc. when a user uploads the image.

Many user do not understand about page speed and uploading full size images.

Would there ever be a way to set a image upload size chooser? Maybe we can set a few sizes that would fit the themes layout and they can choose one when uploading an image so it's not 5MB?

Just a thought to make things more SEO friendly.

Thank you

2 weeks 6 days ago #2

• Rene
With the performance App this is not necessary. Every breakpoint get the optimal compressed and resized image, and recently webp :-)

2 weeks 6 days ago #3

• Dave
I see, but the one last piece is server space. My VPS is small and I don't want to store hundred of MB of images that are not needed to be that big.

Mabye a setting just to reduce to a certain size then. Like say 1920px max and all images could be resized to save my server's space quota?

Or does this system do that now too?

2 weeks 4 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

We recommend using a third-party service for image optimization, for example tinypng.com/ (it reduces the image size well without losing quality)

Or you can use a Gridbox photo editor
www.balbooa.com/blog/gridbox/introducing...site-builder-gridbox

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

2 weeks 4 days ago #5

• Dave
It is just a suggestion that I see other Joomla extension have for uploading images. People are lazy they don't want to go to a website and upload images, download them to upload them to their site.

Again, just an idea to help save room on our servers. We set the maximum image width in pixels and they can upload their 6000px photo they took on their phone and it's resized to 1920px and 1/10th the file size as it's uploaded. It's pretty common.

Just suggestions.

2 weeks 4 days ago #6

• Vyacheslav
We will consider your offer

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com