Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Support Policy
Remember me

Adding pages and header

2 weeks 5 days ago #1

• Robert
Hello,

We are new to this builder and trying to find our way around. We started with the "Adventure" theme as a base, we want to add more pages, so when we do we get the header and footer but no content section. So we add a new section which gives us a content section. Then we try to add a background image like in the template, where it goes all the way to the top and the header lays on top of it. When we do, we get a white header and a clear split in the section between the header and the content. How can we extend this image to the top?

I wish there was a better video to watch that showed how you made the layout for the template so we can get an idea of how it was built.

See screen shot [url=http://]https://prnt.sc/meus5j[/url]

Thanks!

2 weeks 5 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

This happens because the header has: "position: absolute"

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 3 days ago #3

• Robert
Hi,

Thank you for the information. We got some things fixed by joomdonation but still having issues with the content section bleeding into the header section. The page that was added was created by using the joomla core menu system and not thru gridbox. When adding the a new page with the menu, we get the header and footer from the gridbox theme but we need to add some space between the header and footer.

see screen shot:
prnt.sc/mfty7f

Thanks!

2 weeks 2 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

You need to add an padding-top at the theme settings:

Padding added on all pages.

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 1 day ago #5

• Robert
Thank you for looking into this. We tried adding padding to the theme but it pushes everything down, including the menu with no change to the issue we are having.

We need to keep the header in place but push the content section down away from the header. I'm sure it has to do with css but not sure what to change or add.

See screen shot: prnt.sc/mghs8e

Thanks!

2 weeks 1 day ago #6

• Robert
After doing some more searching on the forum here... I found a post with this css code in it for fixing an issue with non gridbox pages. I added the code and it fixed the issue!!

body:not(.com_gridbox) .body {
margin-top: 175px !important;
}

Now we just need to see how, if possible, to add a background image to these non gridbox pages.

2 weeks 1 day ago #7

• Vyacheslav
Great that you found a solution that suits you.
Let us know if you need more assistance!

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com