How to add Gridbox Content Editor to Zero App?

Continue Reading
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Support Policy
Remember me

"delete" does not work

3 weeks 5 days ago #1

• Robert

The above is an example. If I make a mistake loading files, no problem, just delete them. Right? No, wrong!!

So what happens?

01) I mark the files to delete and press delete.
02) Files are not visible any more...

So what is actually deleted? If I reload the files, they get assigned different names from the previous correct filenames. I always have to use eXtplorer or some such, to delete the original files (witch the gallery does for some reason not do!!) and then reload the files and then they keep the original file name.

So as far as I can tell, "delete" only removes the entries, but does not delete the actual file(s). This, in my eyes, is the wrong behaviour. The files and the corresponding thumbnails should be deleted also. This has cost me a lot of headaches over the "years". It took me a long time to figure out, why GALLERY messed with the filenames and I want to keep the original filenames. Also, there are a bunch of duplicate files otherwise, with different names, as files are never (as far as I can tell) actually deleted. Big mess with a lot of picture files, as I have them on my server.

There should at least be a possibility to choose the deletion of the files. It is a big pain to have to go on the server and search for the originals and delete them!!!

Regards from Germany,

Robert

3 weeks 5 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us
For this you need to use the button "Cleanup Images"

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

3 weeks 5 days ago #3

• Robert
Hi,

sorry, missed / forgot about that. Unfortunately, this takes a long time on my site (a lot of pictures). Why aren't the files deleted right away? There is no more need for them, or am I understanding this wrong? When do the wrong thumbnails get deleted? The garbage collection via button is a nice feature, but when working with a lot of pictures, it is not very efficient as far as time management goes.

Thank you,

Robert

3 weeks 5 days ago #4

• Artem
Hi, Robert!

Because the picture can be used in more than in one Gallery.

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com