Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Support Policy
Remember me

Adding new images to Gallery

4 weeks 1 day ago #1

• Pietro Giacomo Annoni
Hope to make my question understandable.
We keep updating our folders of images from which we have fed teh BA created galleries.

Question is:
Does BA gallery/categories automatically add pictures when we upload them on source folders?
In case, how can we automatically keep our gallery/categories updated every time we add/delete pictures?

We have over 5000 images on our website that are already saved in a specific folder organization. We therefore would like to keep this main folder tree from which we feed the new/existing BA created galleries.

Thank you for your support
Piero

3 weeks 6 days ago #2

• Artem
Hello, Piero!

In the "bagallery" folder placed pictures of generated thumbnails and pictures if user add original pictures to the Gallery from the Desktop

Since you adding pictures to the Gallery from your folders, in the bagallery only generated thumbnails. Yes, thumbnails are automatically generated! These images are necessary for the gallery to work correctly. I do not recommend making any changes in the folder.

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

3 weeks 6 days ago #3

• Pietro Giacomo Annoni
Hi Artem.
actually I think I have not explain well my question.
I would like to know it BA update automatically a gallery when a new image is added to the "source folder".

For example, once a Gallery has been created and published, we add and remove pictures once in a while from the original folder of our images database where images were taken to create the 1st version of the gallery.

Adding & removing images from this folder does not imply any changes in the BA gallery; to update the BA gallery we have to manually delete/add the changes made in the original media folder.

Why?

3 weeks 6 days ago #4

• Artem
Hi,

Now is clear! Add or delete pictures to the Gallery through folder is not possible. Images can be managed only inside Gallery, in the admin panel.

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

3 weeks 6 days ago #5

• Pietro Giacomo Annoni
Ok got it.
Could be a new improvement for very large image collection ;)
Thank you

Piero