Balbooa Gallery Update

Balbooa Gallery 2.3.2 Released With Joomla 4 Compatibility
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Browser back button - back to lightbox

4 years 9 months ago #1

• tom
Hi everybody! You've done great job with gallery 2.0. BUT the big issue (I think) is that when I close the lightbox and want to go back (to previous site) by clicking BACK BUTTON in my browser - the lightbox is getting back on screen and every click at browser BACK BUTTON switching images in lightbox. I think this behaving is not normal and makes gallery unusable. Can you explain why is that? Is there any option to change this?

4 years 9 months ago #2

• Artem
Hi Tom,

Thank you, we are very pleased :cheer:

About Problem
The reason of problem - browser history. Each image / category has own unique URL
f.ex. www.balbooa.com/demo/gallery-albums.html?portraits or www.balbooa.com/demo/gallery-albums.html...asy-to-use-interface

Solution
We can provide you tutorial how to remove links, but after that Social Sharing feature will not work
So, let me know what is more important for you, social sharing or browser back button

Regards,

4 years 9 months ago #3

• tom
Thanks for quick reply. Social sharing is not so important for me, so I'd rather like to have browser back button funcional. Thanks for any solution!

Regards
Tom

4 years 9 months ago #4

Hi Artem,

I have same problem, where could I get tutorial also ?

Regards,
4 years 9 months ago #5

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

You need to open ba-gallery.js (components / com_bagallery / assets / js / ba-gallery.js)
and find all the lines containing: window.history.pushState
and remove them.

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

4 years 9 months ago #6

• shane
i noticed this issue too. will this be something updated in future release, to tell client to hold on. i like the new social sharing feature.

4 years 9 months ago #7

• Artem
shane wrote:
i noticed this issue too. will this be something updated in future release, to tell client to hold on. i like the new social sharing feature.

But it's not the bug, it's a Browser History. We can not ignore the browser history. Here is can be only one solution, remove unique URL's for Images and categories,

Vyacheslav wrote:
You need to open ba-gallery.js (components / com_bagallery / assets / js / ba-gallery.js)
and find all the lines containing: window.history.pushState
and remove them.

Regards,

4 years 9 months ago #8

• shane
no worries, i prefer my websites to have good navigation anyway that people should use. keep up the good work guys. hoping to hear back about some of those other issues ive posted as im working on gallery here at www.vanakenbricklaying.com.au with your gallery as a stand out feature

4 years 9 months ago #9

• tom
I suppose I'll have to do it every time after an upgrade (make changes in .js file). Is there any way to make any option in settings?

One more thing I would like to have is ability to put separate image into article (not whole gallery)... B)

4 years 9 months ago #10

• Artem
tom wrote:
I suppose I'll have to do it every time after an upgrade (make changes in .js file). Is there any way to make any option in settings?

One more thing I would like to have is ability to put separate image into article (not whole gallery)... B)

Option will be added from the next version ;)

Separate image no, but separate category yes

Regards,

4 years 9 months ago #11

• tom
I'll hold you to it ;)

Great extension anyway!