Gridbox 2.7.2 and Personal Blog Theme Onefold

Continue Reading
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Support Policy
Remember me

crawl spider indefinite loop on images

6 months 3 minutes ago #1

• Ionko
Just ran Screaming Frog SEO on a site and it looks like crawlers get stuck in an infinite loop on image galleries.
Once initial crawl completes they move on to looping urls like:
smeyan.com/?33?11
smeyan.com/?33?12
smeyan.com/?33?13

where each number is a blalboa gallery image.

I let the crawler run until it was waiting to check about 250,000 urls. Obviously the site doesn't have anywhere near that.

Crawled the site with Visual SEO Studio with the same result. I remember maybe 6 months ago this was not an issue with this specific site or the gallery.

While all of these are Canonical, It seems impossible to generate a comprehensive sitemap with this problem and I'm not sure how google will be crawling balboa galleries.

Has anyone experienced this or know where to start troubleshooting?

5 months 4 weeks ago #2

• Artem
Hello,

Thank you for informing us about an issue. We have explored your website and found that issue with URLs comes when the page includes more than 1 gallery, for example:
https://smeyan.com/services/maternity?662?678 

Will be great if you can send us Joomla admin and FTP access and we’ll fix at your side. Please use our contact form: support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

5 months 4 weeks ago #3

• Ionko
I sent you all the details, but I didn't get a confirmation and haven't head back in a couple of days. Did you get everything you needed to take a look at this?

Thanks.

5 months 4 weeks ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!
We have responded to your email.

We have fixed an issue
This fix will be added in the next update

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team