The Brand New Blog Post Editor Released!

Read more
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Support Policy
Remember me

Album stops showing photos

2 weeks 3 days ago #1

  • Attila's Avatar
  • Attila
  • Posts: 20
Hi there.
My gallery suddenly stops showing photos after opening an album.
The album thumbnails are there, but after opening an album there is an empty page.
I have some 700 photos in the gallery.
I have pagination Infinity and Refresh page is disabled.

If i change pagination to Default and leave Refresh page disabled, there is an error on the site side of the gallery saying "0 - PHP regular expression limit reached (pcre.backtrack_limit)"

If i have pagination Default and i enable The refresh page, everything works again...

I can not have pagination infinity with 700+ photos??? (in 7 different albums)

2 weeks 3 days ago #2

  • Vyacheslav's Avatar
  • Vyacheslav
  • Posts: 4858
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us

Since you have a lot of images, there are several ways to work correctly:
1 Any pagination and enabled "Page Refresh"
2 Pagination "Infinity" and "Page Refresh" is disabled.
3. Contact the hosting support in order to increase the "pcre.backtrack_limit"

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 3 days ago #3

  • Attila's Avatar
  • Attila
  • Posts: 20
Vyacheslav wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us

Since you have a lot of images, there are several ways to work correctly:
1 Any pagination and enabled "Page Refresh"
2 Pagination "Infinity" and "Page Refresh" is disabled.
3. Contact the hosting support in order to increase the "pcre.backtrack_limit"

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

Well... just if i have Pagination Infinity and page refresh disabled, no image shows up after entering some album...
You think it is because of the pcre.backtrack_limit ?

2 weeks 3 days ago #4

  • Vyacheslav's Avatar
  • Vyacheslav
  • Posts: 4858
You need enabled "Page Refresh" or enabled Pagination "Infinity" (not together)
or increase the "pcre.backtrack_limit".

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 3 days ago #5

  • Attila's Avatar
  • Attila
  • Posts: 20
Vyacheslav wrote:
You need enabled "Page Refresh" or enabled Pagination "Infinity" (not together)
or increase the "pcre.backtrack_limit".

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

The Page Refresh is Disabled and pagination Infinity is set.
No image shows up.
the pcre.backtrack_limit was not changed yet.

2 weeks 3 days ago #6

  • Vyacheslav's Avatar
  • Vyacheslav
  • Posts: 4858
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Send us a link to page with problem.
Send us FTP access and Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 3 days ago #7

  • Attila's Avatar
  • Attila
  • Posts: 20
This is the page of the gallery:
attila-farkas.sk/sk/galeriax

Albums shows up, but after entering any of the albums, no images shows up.

2 weeks 3 days ago #8

  • Vyacheslav's Avatar
  • Vyacheslav
  • Posts: 4858
Vyacheslav wrote:
Send us FTP access and Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 3 days ago #9

  • Attila's Avatar
  • Attila
  • Posts: 20
so i increased the pcre.backtrack_limit=1000000000
...and the images in album still does not shows

I am not willing to let anyone access the root FTP nor the admin panel... it is insane to ask for it... never happened to me before and i think there is a good reason that serious support teams do not even asks for it

2 weeks 3 days ago #10

  • Vyacheslav's Avatar
  • Vyacheslav
  • Posts: 4858
Vyacheslav wrote:
Probably this is a conflict with your template or other extension.
Unfortunately, we cannot diagnose and fix the problem without having access to the site.

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 3 days ago #11

  • Artem's Avatar
  • Artem
  • Posts: 7413
Attila wrote:
... never happened to me before and i think there is a good reason that serious support teams do not even asks for it

Dear, Attila!

Let's imagine a situation! You have arrived at the car service! How master can check your car engine if you not allowing to open the hood??? The same situation is here!

If you are not satisfied with our support team, please feel free to contact us and request a refund, for that use our contact form: support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 3 days ago #12

  • Attila's Avatar
  • Attila
  • Posts: 20
Artem wrote:
Attila wrote:
... never happened to me before and i think there is a good reason that serious support teams do not even asks for it

Dear, Attila!

Let's imagine a situation! You have arrived at the car service! How master can check your car engine if you not allowing to open the hood??? The same situation is here!

If you are not satisfied with our support team, please feel free to contact us and request a refund, for that use our contact form: support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

well, if you allow me i disagree with your example...
I have a better example:
Lets say you buy a desk lamp and you install it in your house... but the bulb does not gives light, and you cant figure out how to change it, so you call the support center and you ask advices how to change the bulb...
The answer you get is: give us the keys from your house and your bank account access credentials...

You could ask a copy of my htaccess, my php.ini, or any system related config files, you could have many experiences what could probably go wrong and advice me "how to change the bulb" ... but sorry, asking the keys from my house, where i store sensitive informations not only mine, but my users and my modells... i find it insane...

do you see the point?

2 weeks 3 days ago #13

  • Attila's Avatar
  • Attila
  • Posts: 20
Vyacheslav wrote:
Vyacheslav wrote:
Probably this is a conflict with your template or other extension.
Unfortunately, we cannot diagnose and fix the problem without having access to the site.

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

I dont think its a conflict... everything was working fine, i did not added any new extensions...
I only added new images and then suddenly it happened...

2 weeks 2 days ago #14

  • Artem's Avatar
  • Artem
  • Posts: 7413
Hey,

I would be happy to say the reason of the problem without visiting your "house", but we can't! It's a little bit harder than replace a bulb, we need to look at the "wiring". :)

Try to delete last uploaded photos. Then save Gallery. Than load photos to the Gallery one by one and save after each loading. Maybe there is a problem with a specific photo, for example original .png photo renamed to jpg

or the original size of some picture (width and height) is very big, and hosting sources not enought for generating thumbnails

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 2 days ago #15

  • Attila's Avatar
  • Attila
  • Posts: 20
Well, well... so i deleted some images and the gallery started to work...
Then i was adding images again and found out this...
So here is the summary:
I have 12 albums, (11 public and one user-group restricted)
One of those 11 is empty and has 4 empty sub-albums.
All the albums have thumbnails, the sub-albums do not have...
In the 10 public galleries there is 944 images and in the one user-group restricted there is 15 images...
And the gallery works...
But if i add one more - no matter what image in no matter which album - the gallery stops working...
None of those 10 visible albums can be opened anymore ...
Any idea?
Thanks

2 weeks 16 hours ago #16

  • Artem's Avatar
  • Artem
  • Posts: 7413
Okay,

Enable Page Refresh in the Gallery settings and enable standard Gallery pagination! Display no more than 50 pictures per page.

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 16 hours ago #17

  • Attila's Avatar
  • Attila
  • Posts: 20
That way it will work... but i dont want pagination. i want infinity...

2 weeks 16 hours ago #18

  • Artem's Avatar
  • Artem
  • Posts: 7413
Okay.

So the problem with Infinity pagination. In this case, I can recommend you to use standard pagination, because to define why the infinity is not working at your side, we need access info

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com
Powered by Kunena Forum