Remember me

Custom thumbnails?

7 years 7 months ago #1

• Attilio
Hi! Your gallery plugin is fantastic, I'm probably going to buy the pro version. :)
For my application, however, it would be really important to be able to have custom thumbnails. Is there a way to do that?

7 years 7 months ago #2

• Artem
Hi,

What do you mean by "Custom Thumbnails" ?
Gallery PRO include Random Layout which allows to display thumbnails without cropping and in original image dimensions

Regards,

7 years 7 months ago #3

• Attilio
Thanks for answering! :)

My application is an art gallery, where most full size images are two-sided (sketches on one side, final drawing on the other side).
Thumbnails should feature meaningful details of the final drawing, so both automatic cropping and no cropping wouldn't work for me.

Is there a way to choose an area of the image as thumbnail, or to override the automatically generated thumbnail?
I'm thinking about manually replacing the thumbnail image files, but are they re-generated often?

7 years 7 months ago #4

• Artem
You can use field Embed code, it's allows to replace Image in lightbox,
so in thumbnail you can have one image in the lightbox it's can be another image

Manually replace thumbnails it's not a good idea, because if change order or layout, thumbnails will be re-generated

Regards,

7 years 7 months ago #5

• Attilio
Thank you, your solution will do. ;)

There is, however, an issue when adding an image in that way:

A blank space appears below the image (in the screen, the actual image ends at the black strip), apparently related to the embed CSS class:

.ba-modal .modal-image.embed {
height: 0px;
overflow: hidden;
padding-bottom: 56.25%;
position: relative;
}

I tried changing the padding, for my image size the right one is around 40%.
I tested it with a taller image and the default value (56.25%) is fine, there is neither blank space nor cropping.

Is there a way to fix this blank space issue automatically? It may be possible to fix it manually via extra CSS, but the right amount actually depends on the image size.

7 years 7 months ago #6

• Attilio
This image may be clearer:

Here the red rectangle is the actual image and the blue one is the extra white space.

Thank you!
Attilio

7 years 7 months ago #7

• Artem
Hello,

Send us please the link to your gallery

Regards,

7 years 7 months ago #8

• Attilio
Hello,

I built this page as an example.
The image on the left works fine, while the one on the right (plain red image) shows the extra whitespace.

Thank you. :)

7 years 7 months ago #9

• Viacheslav
Hello,

Here is the solution
you need add custom css code:
.ba-modal .modal-image.embed {
    height: auto !important;
    padding-bottom: 0 !important;
}

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

7 years 6 months ago #10

• Theo
Hello.
You said: Manually replace thumbnails it's not a good idea, because if change order or layout, thumbnails will be re-generated with using the Embed code.
So it there is a more automatically way to link the thumbnail image to a different lightshot image?

Thanks

7 years 6 months ago #11

• Artem
Hello,

The question was: to display 2 different images at thumbnail and Lightbox.

The best solution at this case is to replace an image in the lightbox using the embed code. It's possible only manually!

Regards,