Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Vimeo upload not working

6 days 18 hours ago #1

• Florian
Hi guys,

on an existing website I added several videos via the video plugin and it worked fine. Even today it was possible to add a new Vimeo video. But as I thought that there are too many videos and it would be better to transfer them to a gallery I could not add this video correctly. With a second youtube video everything works well in the backend, but Vimeo makes some problems and the preview-image is black. I even tried to clean the cache and I tried it with a different browser, unfortunately with the same result. I send you two screenshots, one of the result in the backend and one from the frontend. Strange enough it is possible to play both videos by clicking on the play button. But the preview is not working for both videos.

All best,
Florian
Attachments:

5 days 22 hours ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Send us a link to page with problem.
Send us FTP access and Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

5 days 19 hours ago #3

• Florian
Hi,

it looks like it has to do with the fact that the video is not public but can be watched only via the specific domain. The thumbnail is not loading by inserting the video-id. Now I set the video on Vimeo to public for a short time, then added it to the gallery. Now the thumbnail is visible and it stays visible even if I change the setting on Vimeo back to "hidden on Vimeo" and visible only from this domain. This way is a bit complicated, but it works.

May be it is not possible from your side to change anything in this case?

All best,

Florian

5 days 16 hours ago #4

• Vyacheslav
You are right, this problem is not related to our component

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team