Introducing Gridbox 2.14.0

Introducing Gridbox 2.14.0 with animation on scroll, LottieFiles and more.
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

2 Much needed suggestions for improvement

8 months 1 week ago #1

• Janel
I've been using the Gallery Component for a long time now and I really do love it, but there are 2 much needed improvements that I really hope get added soon:

1. Image Ordering - yes we can grab our images and move them around but if the Gallery is very LARGE - it's super cumbersome to attempt to grab images and move them around. Maybe added numbering to reorder images would be an improvement? Being able to type numbers next to each image and then click a "Reorder" button?

2. Image Replacement - right now you have to delete an image if you want to replace it. If you wanted to keep your Gallery images in a certain order - deleting one so you can replace it is very taxing. Adding a "Edit" button so that you can just upload a new image to replace the image would be fantastic.

Thanks for considering....do you have any plans for improvements to the Gallery Component soon?

8 months 1 week ago #2

• Artem
Hello Janel,

Thank you for contacting us!

1. In the admin panel, you can order your pics by: Name, Newest, Oldest

2. Picture can be replaced by this icon:

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

8 months 1 week ago #3

• Janel
Artem thanks for the reply! I did not know about that replacement icon - thanks! One of the list!

But most times I need to manually move my images around in my large sized galleries so I can't use the standard Name, Newest, Oldest sorting. I would love to be able to number them - click "reorder" and have them automatically sorted the way I need them to be....maybe one day you can add a feature like that?

8 months 1 week ago #4

• Artem
Janel,

We'll take your suggestion into the account :cheer:

Right now I can only recommend you to rename your file names using Gallery media manager and after that sort by name. Please note that after renaming you will need to add pics one more time

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

8 months 1 week ago #5

• Janel
Thanks Artem

8 months 1 week ago #6

• Artem
You're welcome ;)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com