Friday Madness

40%

Grab Discount
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Gallery ALL and Categories Not Displaying after update

1 week 4 days ago #1

• Harlow
Hello. Content of galleries "All" are no longer showing up when called like this in an Article - [gallery ID= 1]. This is after updating from Balbooa Gallery Pro 2.3.0 (paid) to 2.3.3.1 (paid).

This is on Joomla 4.0.4 running PHP 7.4.6 on Rocky Linux 8.4. All was working prior to the package update.

I looked in Component > Gallery and in every gallery, this folder is no longer showing any images. Other category folders do show images.

1 week 4 days ago #2

• Harlow
To complicate matters when

[gallery ID=1] shows no images

[gallery ID= 2] shows images

[gallery ID= 3... etc] shows images

1 week 3 days ago #3

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Send us a link to page with problem.

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 week 3 days ago #4

• Harlow
sunflowermesa.com/

It is the default home page for the site.

Code view for the page is this:

"<p>Sunflower Mesa Photography is a venue for the photography of Harlow Pinson.</p>
<p>[gallery ID=1]</p>"

Interestingly, if I change ID=2 "All" the images for gallery with ID=2 show. However not for the gallery with ID=1.

Was working fine before updating Gallery to the latest version and updating Joomla to V4.

1 week 3 days ago #5

• Harlow
This is disheartening. So many things are not working post update to Joomla 4. I finally uninstalled, and reinstalled BAGallery 2.3.3.1, of course loosing all my hard work setting up galleries.

A clean install did not even work correctly. The install message indicated that it installed successfully, but when I go to the component manager the Gallery, the user interface CSS does not load. I have attached a screen capture.

How can I restore the user interface of the Gallery manger so I can attempt to rebuild my galleries?
Attachments:

1 week 3 days ago #6

• Harlow
I give up. Too much wrong with baGallery . I've reverted to Joomla 3.

Sadly updating to BAGallery 2.3.3.1 on Joomla 3.10.3 exhibits exactly the same problems as on Joomla 4.

1. id=1 shortcode for displaying a gallery in an article stops working.

2. Category selectors for all galleries disappear from above the galleries.

This is repeatable. Reverting to BAGallery 2.3.0 restores correct behavior, and I have repeated the reversion process with the same results several times now.

Based on what i am seeing in this forum, others are having this problem too?

1 week 3 days ago #7

• Harlow
I think I have figured this out. Apparently the new "Pro" version needs to be activated. I did this, and the id=1 category now shows on the home page as does the category selectors. Then I was able to update to J4 without issues.

Hopefully this will help others who have been using this extension for awhile and updating.

1 week 2 days ago #8

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

It's great that you found the solution yourself
Let us know if you need more assistance!

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team