Remember me

Gallery usage tips

7 years 4 months ago #1

• Lorenzo
Dear support,
this component is amazing, you're doing a great job!

I bought your Galley Plugin to migrate data from another website that used another Masonry component that also have the Tag system to filter pictures. With your gallery I'm using folders to filter the photos in the same way.
In the old site, I have some pictures with more tags (example: "rock music" and "live concerts"); could you advise how to manage it? I was thinking to duplicate it and put it into more folders, but it is very uncomfortable and the picture appears twice with the "ALL" filter.

Another couple of questions:
  1. I read your documentation, but I did not understand what does "Disable Lightbox Alias"
  2. Can I put galleries only in articles? I noticed that there is no Module for this
  3. Is there a way to display into Home Page 20 random pictures among different galleries?
  4. Is there a way to add Instagram sharing among social networks? It seems quite important to me for picture-based websites

Kindest regards

7 years 4 months ago #2

• Artem
Hello,

Here are answers:

0. Yes, you need to upload the same image into different categories, and use option "Hide in –°ategory All". here is the screen:

1. Here is an example of Lighbox alias
http://www.balbooa.com/demo/gallery/justified-grid-layout-joomla-gallery.html?beautiful-and-easy-to-use-interface
if you enable option "Disable Lightbox Alias" image in the lighbox will be without unique URL at the end "?beautiful-and-easy-to-use-interface".

NOTE: options such as Social Sharing and Comments works only with Lightbox Alias

2. Yes, it's possible, you need to create Joomla custom HTML module, and place Gallery shortcode into created module. You will be able to display Gallery in any module position of your template

3. Sorry, but no

4. Unfrotunatly, Instagram not support Image sharing

Let me know if you have more questions :)

Regards,