Remember me

A newbie question regarding global styling options

7 years 4 months ago #1

• Craig
Hi Artem,

This question may seem a little odd but then I'm a little odd too! :woohoo:

When I duplicate a gallery so as I can keep my styling options I run into problems with the odd image/s being rendered from other galleries. (my PHP.ini is throwing warnings only when I do this action - text file is attached)

As I have a shit load of galleries to create I need to make my work flow more efficient

Here is the dumb question....... How would you suggest I change the global css styling options so as I can just create a new gallery with my styling options instead of yours and keep working.

Forgive my newbieness but I just want to get this right and make it as simple as possible to create a decent workflow. :)

Cheers
Craig :)

7 years 4 months ago #2

• Artem
Hi,

It's a not newbie question.
Default styles you can find here: administrator >> components >> com_bagallery >> models >> forms >> gallery.xml

and at this file you can find default settings.

and of course after update, file will be overwritten, so you need to have backup of this file with own settings

Regards,

7 years 4 months ago #3

• Craig
Cheers Artem :cheer:

Ah XML - yeh it was a newbie Q ;) hehehehehe

7 years 4 months ago #4

• Artem
No Problem, let me know if you will need more help ;)

7 years 3 months ago #5

• Craig
Hi Artem :)

When I changed the values in the XML - I then saved back into to forms folder, refreshed cache and then cleared Firefox - and after attempting to create a gallery all the old values are still there.

Am I supposed to repack the edited file inside BA gallery and do a re-install through Joomla interface?

or what do you think I have neglected to do?????

Thanks in advance :blink: (newbie look)

Cheers

7 years 3 months ago #6

• Craig
I'm a silly sausage :woohoo:

Please disregard - I didnt save it back into ADMINISTRATOR folder.... whoops :huh:

Cheers