Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

blurred thumbnail images

2 weeks 6 days ago #1

• David Gurrea
Hi there,

This is a topic I've seen here before, but focused on the original file size instead of the generated thumbnail images.

I was using before another joomla extension to generate thumbnails and visualice my images. The thumbnails where sharp enough before.

After using the Balbooa joomla gallery, the thumbnail images seems quite blurred.
I am using 100 quality to generate the thumbnails, and I made the calculations so the thumbnail images are generated at the same size in which there are going to be show.

I also visualized the images directly from the bagallery folder with XnView and they look the same (not sharp enough).

When thumbnails images are generated with your extension, there is any sharpening filter applied to them?
There is anyway to control how these images are generated?

I am trying to avoid the need to generate the thumbnails manually using photoshop, as I am using dozens of galleries.

Many thanks!

2 weeks 4 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

We do not use any filters, you can change the size and quality of thumbnails in the settings

In order for us to determine the reason for the blurry thumbnails, send us a link to the page with gallery

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

2 weeks 3 days ago #3

• David Gurrea
Well if the images are only reduced (but not sharpened) then that explain the soft result.

As I said before I generated the images at maximum quality so there is not anything else I can do.

I've been generating the thumbnails using "actions" in Photoshop in order to apply a little bit of sharpening which much better results.

I think balbooa joomla gallery should include a sharpening filter to generate the thumbnails, as I am not the only one who noticed the softness feeling in the thumbnails.

Many thanks.

2 weeks 3 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Thank you for your suggestion,
we will consider it.

Let us know if you need more assistance!

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team