Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

image size limit?

2 weeks 5 days ago #1

• David Gurrea
Hi there,

I am trying to display a very large image size (12000x12000 pixels / 19mb) with balbooa joomla gallery.

This is a very detailed vector drawing (converted to jpeg) which I want to show as part of my portfolio. It's very difficult to appreciate all the detail in a smaller image. I can reduce it a little bit more, but still will be a very large image.

The idea is that people can zoom on it to appreciate all the detail.

So after saying that, these are the problems I found when trying to use this image:

- The thumbnail image was never generated (the joomla extension keep showing an animated icon, and there is no image in the "bagallery" correspondent folder.
- I added smaller images to the gallery, and in this way I was able to navigate to the large one. It displays at first, but after zooming a few times some browsers have problems with it(the image appears white or some black and white stripes) and need to restart the browser to be able to see it again.
-In the browsers where it works, zoom stops before the actual size of the image (zoom icon become gray and cannot be used anymore).

So, before you tell me to use a smaller image file, I would like to make this work (if possible).

There is any maximum image/file size I should be aware of?
Any other parameter I can change on your extension or in Joomla that I should be aware of (cache size or anything like that)?

Many thanks for your time!

2 weeks 4 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

There are no limitation in the gallery,
may be limitations of hosting or browser capabilities or the power of the device you are using.

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

2 weeks 3 days ago #3

• David Gurrea
Thanks for your reply.

It only worked after reducing the image considerably. Still seems like there is a limited amount of times in witch I can click into the zoom icon. Before I reduced the image size it was not able to reach the 100% image size. Now it goes over it.

2 weeks 3 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

You can zoom in 10 times (zoom in is no longer possible)

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team