Gridbox Store App Released

Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Folder Gallery Connection

4 weeks 2 days ago #1

• Dr Alexander
How can I tell the Gallery to take all the photos in a folder? I only find the icons "Upload Images" or "Create Folder". But I don't need a new folder, because the images are already stored in Joomla. My cloud synchronizes with a Joomla media folder. The Gallery only needs to access the folder and display the images of the folder. How to do that?
If I load more pictures into the folder, the Gallery should also show the new pictures automatically without me having to actively add the new pictures again.

4 weeks 2 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

You can change the path to folder in Joomla settings.
Unfortunately there is no automatic adding to the gallery of images that are added to the folder.

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

4 weeks 2 days ago #3

• Dr Alexander
ok, can you show me, where i can change the folder of every categorie? (screenshot). What do you mean with "Joomla settings"? Do you mean "in joomla" or in the settings of the gallery?

4 weeks 2 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
System > Global Configuration at the left panel of BaGallery.
Or the "Options" button in the upper right corner in the admin panel of the gallery

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

4 weeks 2 days ago #5

• Dr Alexander
I think we both mean different things.
I have connected my cloud to Joomla media in such a way that the sorting in the cloud is automatically synchronized to the media. So if I create a folder in the cloud called "Holidays 2020" and in this folder further folders like "Italy", "Spain", "Sweden", this folder structure including the pictures in the respective folders will also appear in Joomla media. So I don't have to upload the pictures again separately.
Now create a gallery "Holidays 2020" in Balboo and the categories "Italy", "Spain", "Sweden". Now I can link the categories separately to the respective folder, i.e. folder "Italy" with category "Italy", so that I don't have to upload the photos again, because the pictures are already in Joomla. ?
Or is it really no use to synchronize the cloud with Joomla, because I always have to upload the pictures in Balbooa?
So does Balbooa create its own folders that are independent of my media folders?

4 weeks 2 days ago #6

• Vyacheslav
This will not work with synchronized folders, Gallery creates its own folders.

Best Regards,

4 weeks 2 days ago #7

• Dr Alexander
That's too bad. I thought Balbooa could already do this. Clouds are the future.

4 weeks 2 days ago #8

• Vyacheslav
We will consider your offer
Let us know if you need more assistance!

Best Regards,