Gridbox 2.7.2 and Personal Blog Theme Onefold

Continue Reading
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Support Policy
Remember me

Gstatic.com tracking of Forms

5 months 2 weeks ago #1

• Frank
Hi,

When I was checking my website for outgoing links with Disconnect I discovered a link to gstatic.com.
I looked up what this links means and I read the following info about it

"Big internet marketing companies (like Google and others) whose business base is marketing and selling ads are tracking us. They track every site we visit, how much time we spend on each site, our search preference and based on state-of-art algorithms there robots decide what ads we will receive.

Google do the same thing through gstatic.com domain. If you do the packet trace when you do the browsing, you will find the significant traffic from gstatic.com although you haven't ask anything from that domain."

I started checking which module or plugin was causing the tracking. I found out that is was Forms. See included Disconnect screenshot with Forms enabled and disabled.

Can you please explain me why and how Forms is creating the tracking of gstatic.com and how I can disable it?

Thanks for your time and effort.
Kind regards,
Frank
Attachments:

5 months 2 weeks ago #2

• Artem
Hi, Frank!

Your Forms includes Google reCAPTCHA, it's an answer on your question, try to disable it!

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

5 months 2 weeks ago #3

• Frank
Hi Artem,

Thank you for your answer.
I really don't like the idea that Google is tracking the visitors on my website.
I also stopt using any analytics altogether.

Is Forms spambot save without using Googles (re)Captcha?
I have read about alternatives like the Honeypot method.
Do you plan on implementing any opensource alternatives to prevent spam problems?

I have started using Forms because the former Joomla plugin with a simple math problem didn't prevent massive spam attack by several .ru mail addresses.

Thanks for your time.
Kind regards,
Frank

5 months 2 weeks ago #4

• Artem
Frank,

In this case I can recommend you to disable reCAPTCHA and enable spam filters at your hosting. There should be tools for that.

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com