Feature Box And Icon List Plugins

Read More
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Support Policy
Remember me

Reply to Sender stop working

3 months 1 week ago #1

• Rodrigo
Hi guys my clients with Forms reported me that the Reply to Sender stop working, i mean, when a user enters his mail in a form and my client receives the notification, when they hit reply now it replies to their own mail instead of the sender one. It stopped working since a few weeks ago, i guess it could be related to the latest joomla version (the only change i made to their website was update it) hope you can help my out with this one. Many thanks.

3 months 1 week ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Check if you have disabled "Reply To Submitter" at the Form settings

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

3 months 1 week ago #3

• Rodrigo
thanks for your answer.
yes, it was already set on the almost 10 forms that suddenly this feature stopped working.

3 months 1 week ago #4

• Rodrigo
i can confirm this error happens in all the webpages i've created with the latest forms 1.7.4 and latest joomla installed.

3 months 1 week ago #5

• Vyacheslav
Send us a link to page with problem.
Send us FTP access and Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Most likely the problem is in the settings of the email client or Joomla settings
since no one has reported this problem except you

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

2 months 3 weeks ago #6

• Arto
Make it two.
I have checked "Reply To Submitter", but Admins email is still as reply-to address.
--arto---

1 month 2 weeks ago #7

• Paul Gomirato
Make it three

1 month 2 weeks ago #8

• Rodrigo
Seems to be a Gmail bug or something:

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/g...l/gmail$20reply$20to

It would be great to count with a workaround.

1 month 2 weeks ago #9

• Paul Gomirato
I changed it to the Joomla Admin email address after testing with gmail - the issue remains.

I have sent in a ticket.

1 month 1 week ago #10

• JUAN
I'm having this issue in two websites, also. In one case I've been able to fix it by authenticating the SPF and DKIM keys in the DNS zone of the client's mail server.

The case I could fix it uses Gmail -free- as a email client to check email. The other case I couldn't fix yet uses GSuite solution, I'm still working with tech support to work around a solution.

As I found out, this may be due to some change in email security policies, which may happen with a change in Joomla, in Google, or in the mail servers of clients.

1 month 1 week ago #11

• Rodrigo
JUAN wrote:
I'm having this issue in two websites, also. In one case I've been able to fix it by authenticating the SPF and DKIM keys in the DNS zone of the client's mail server.

Sounds good Juan, could you provide us with an explanation on setting that so we could try this solution? It could fix the problem for gmail free users.

EDIT: Asked my hosting provider to set it up for my client's account but the problem is still there.

1 month 1 week ago #12

• JUAN
What happened is that I was able to properly configure SPF and DKIM keys in the DNS zone of the domain server, these keys do not work immediately, many times they need up to a couple of days to work.

Now this keys are a bit tricky, sometimes difficult to make it work as it should, but in this case once I could make it work correctly the responses were again directed to the form's fillers.
Attachments:

1 month 13 hours ago #13

• Rodrigo
Using the fix provided by JUAN (i asked my hosting provider to apply it) after a couple of days i CAN confirm this FIXED the problem!
Many thanks for your help JUAN!

1 month 10 hours ago #14

• JUAN
You're welcome!
Thanks for the feedback. Regards!