Gridbox Content Filters Improvements. Filter Items on The Fly!

Continue Reading
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Support Policy
Remember me

Calculating a Purchase; Sending to PayPal

2 years 11 months ago #1

• Howard
I have activated the cart, however, I am unable to figure how to create the transaction, e.,g., Item name, cost per unit, total cost, etc., so that I can submit the purchase to PayPal. Where is the documentation or instructions on how to make this very handsome forms builder into a transaction form. I have invested hours into making this work and nothing I try allows me to create a simple PayPal purchase.

2 years 11 months ago #2

• Artem
Hello,

here is a screen how to configure PayPal

Price fields available for:
- CheckBox Inline
- CheckBox
- Radio Inline
- Radio
- Dropdown
- Select Multiple

I hope it's can help you :)

Regards,

2 years 11 months ago #3

• Howard
Thank you for your always dependable quick response. The information is helpful, however, I am still confused as to where and how the mathematics (calculations) are made. In other words, I do not see how the "Total" is calculated from the inputs.

My need is very very simple. I am trying to construct a form that asks for one input to arrive at the total to be submitted to PayPal, e.g.,

Item: Table reservations

Input: Number of tables being reserved

(Fixed fee for tables $50 per table)

Total: Number of tables being reserved x $50 = Total.

Your examples of various forms that comes with 1.61 doesn't include a payment example which I could dissect to understand the construction of a payment form. The example of a "cart' also puzzles me since I can not readily see how it connects to the input fields that produce the result.

It appears your documentation on this feature has not been completed yet so all of this remains a mystery to me. However, I may be missing something obvious.

This feature is the main reason I purchased your otherwise excellent extension and I am running out of time to complete this project.

2 years 11 months ago #4

• Artem
Hello,

Yes, Multiplication is not available, but you can simple use Checkbox, or even will be better to use Dropdown

or you can enable Cart, where customers can change the number of tables

Regards,

2 years 11 months ago #5

• Howard
Thank you for the additional tips...that made the difference and the form is now operational with PayPal.

However, there is a problem which might be troublesome for some.

The "notification" emails are sent BEFORE PayPal processes the financial transaction. Actually, the notification emails are sent at the same time as the "submit" button is clicked. If, for example, a buyer is not able to complete the PayPal log-in or instructions or gets rejected for any reason the order copy has already been sent to the seller. This could be very confusing to both parties.

I hope you will give this some additional consideration as you expand the feature and the Form capability. I believe that an expanded payment system with your Form will move the Form into a much more important and useful app. It would be a major step upward toward your competition.

And, of course, improving your documentation of this feature will also go along way to making it more friendly and useful.

Again, thank you, for your support.

2 years 11 months ago #6

• Artem
Hello,

Yes, absolutely right, form send notifications immediately after click on the button "Submit". Unfortunately we can't control - was done payment or not. So, I can recommend you to disable Forms notification and use only PayPal notification.

And I agree about documentation, sorry for the inconvenience, will be added soon :)

Regards,