Remember me

Value verification

6 years 7 months ago #1

• Syed
Hello Team,

I am writing to find if we can check on the value entered by the user is less than or greater than or equal to some comparison number?

I have created a form where I have radio inline options seeking donations of 10, 25, 50 USD and the fourth option is set to "More..." which triggers a conditional box to enter the amount manually. I would like to have an ability to check that the user is not entering the amount less than 50 here.

Is this doable?., please help me.

Here is the form link: uva.zaha.in/ (Select Donate Now button)

Please help.

Best regards,
Syed H

6 years 7 months ago #2

• Viacheslav
Hello,

We can make such a custom for you
Send us link to page, FTP access and Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

6 years 7 months ago #3

• Syed
Vyacheslav,

Thank you for a quick response, I have sent the information.
Also if you can guide me with the steps, I will try it next time.

Best Regards,
Syed H

6 years 7 months ago #4

• Artem
Hello,

Sorry for the delay with a reply!
Try now!

Many thanks,
Artem

6 years 7 months ago #5

• Syed
Hello Artem,

Thank you for helping me on this one. There seem to some trouble here.

If I select the conditional option "More?" and enter 15, the total shows 50, now when I switch back to select say the first option with "10", it simply sums up the 10 with 50 and shows the total as 60 and the same thing happens if I select option with "25", the sum of 25 and 50 (75) is shown in the total.

There is another strange thing that happens is, if I enter 80 in the "More" field and switch back to "10" selection, it adds 80 with 10 and shows the total as 90.

Since the client is now asking to have this option set in a way so that the user should be able to enter their own desired custom value that could be anything (even less than 50), I guess we may have to put it back to the way it was.

With all due respect, can I ask you to revert the changes so that they can use it that way.

I Wish:
I would anyhow ask for this feature in the future which I believe will certainly add a greater value to our forms.

For input type number or calculation fields, an option to validate based on value to ensure it is less than or greater than or equal to something that we specify in the form configuration.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regads,
Syed H

6 years 7 months ago #6

• Artem
Hello,
With all due respect, can I ask you to revert the changes so that they can use it that way.

Just update your Forms through Joomla admin >> Extensions >> Install

Thank you for your suggestions! Much appreciated, added to list :)

Many thanks,
Artem, Balbooa.com