Remember me

Email FROM: / Reply-To

6 years 7 months ago #1

• Scott
I have a form created that is designed to send an email into my support system. I have an email field on that form and selected the checkbox to "reply to submitter" which works correctly when sent to a regular email box, but when it goes to the helpdesk system, it looks like this in the detail:

From: Technical Resource Solutions Website <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Reply-To: <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

The reply-to is correct, but the helpdesk system looks at the FROM to try to match to a user, and since the from address is not actually a user, the ticket is not associated with anyone and has to be done manually. This also prevents the user from getting an acknowledgement from our ticketing system (a reply from the Balbooa form is not a good substitute for this purpose).

Is there a way to make the email send FROM the address that is entered in the Email field so that the helpdesk system will see the right address there and associate it?

I was previously using BreezingForms and that is how their system works. Is there a change I can make to the code to allow for this?

6 years 7 months ago #2

• Scott
I think I found what I'm looking for. Is this the best solution?

I changed this file:
/components/com_baforms/models/form.php

at line 1664
changed
$mailer->setSender($sender)
to
$mailer->setSender($email)

My ticketing system picked up the correct info and associated the ticket to their account.

I know that this will get killed when I update Balbooa forms, so I wonder if there is a better way to get this function pulled out of there or if there is an option that can be added to the admin backend of the component to allow us to select which way it should work.

6 years 7 months ago #3

• Viacheslav
Hello,

Excellent that you have found a solution!
You are right, after updating the change disappear.
Thank you for your suggestion, much appreciated!
We’ll add your request to our "Suggestions List"

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com