Remember me

Delay saving form submissions

6 years 8 months ago #1

• Network24
Hey guys,

I'm using Paypal option, I want to delay saving submitted forms into the database, until "success" reply from paypal.

the problem is that form submissions are saved into the database and emailed to recipient "before" payment is made or cancelled.

I think this should be done by default, because website owners don't need order emails that have not been paid.

Can this be added in the next update please?

another question... I want to add a "honeypot" to the forms component, to stop bots abusing the submit button... any suggestions what file to add it to?
I was thinking something simple, like disable the submit button via js!?

Thanks

6 years 8 months ago #2

• Artem
Hi,

Sorry for the delay with a reply!

1. PayPal
I can recommend you to disable Forms notifications, just delete email's from fields "Notifications" (Form Settings). And Administrator will get notifications only from PayPal

2. honeypot
Why not use Google RECAPTCHA? Very user-friendly
www.balbooa.com/joomla-forms-documentati...joomla-forms-builder

Many thanks,
Artem, Balbooa.com

6 years 8 months ago #3

• Network24
Hi Artem,

Im sorry for the late reply too, hahaha! its been a busy week at work.

I have already disabled email notifications from BaForms, but that's only half the problem, because all submissions are still saved into the database, which can be really hard to manage when the administrator does an export to see/process all orders in CSV.

This is more of a Request to update the forms component, it just makes more sense to only save submitted data After payment is confirmed.

I realise this is not an easy fix, and will require re-work to the Forms component. But I honestly believe this is the better way to do it.

The Honey Pot - Was my attempt idea at protecting against some spam bots, because ReCaptcha can't be enabled when payment is enabled in BaForms. ;)

The htaccess spam protection (from stack exchange) does not work on the hosting server, and I dont know enough about it to fix whatever is breaking it. :whistle:

6 years 5 months ago #4

• Goran
Network24 wrote:

I realise this is not an easy fix, and will require re-work to the Forms component. But I honestly believe this is the better way to do it.

Yes! I agree. This only makes sense. Can you guys tweak the Forms please, so that we can have it function like this? :)

Thank you!