Button Field for Gridbox Content Apps

Button Field for Gridbox Content Apps
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

How to setup a download link for each ebook ordered in a form

1 week 11 hours ago #1

• Mel
Hi,

my form is used to purchase a downloadable ebook. I then have 2 upsell offers to purchase 2 additional ebooks.

I have set up a multi page which all looks fine. After the order is placed we want the user to be re-directed to a specific download page where they can download only the products they ordered. So if they only ordered ebook 1 then they wont see the remaining 2 downloads. If they ordered ebook 1 and 3, that is what would be available for download.

How do I achieve this with the form/Paypal? As we don't want a situation for example where they only order one ebook but can download all 3 as there doesn't appear to be a way of re-directing based on what they ordered.

Or is this done in the paypal integration itself? I cannot find anything in your docs on how to achieve this. So some advice would be most appreciated

Kind regards

Mel

Kind regards

1 week 11 hours ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

If we understand you correctly, then you need to use conditional logic
and several submit buttons (with different settings)
and show the desired one depending on the conditions.
Read more in the documentation
www.balbooa.com/joomla-forms-documentati...joomla-forms-builder

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 week 11 hours ago #3

• Mel
Thanks for quick response.

I am just about to try conditional logic but I cannot see the field values under the condition dropdown field (see file) the text isn't visible.

Is there any option in this component to switch the screen colour background to light rather than dark as I struggle working with the black backgrounds

1 week 10 hours ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Most likely your fields don't have labels so you don't see them.
You can add them at least at the development stage

Best Regards,

1 week 2 hours ago #5

• Mel
Hi you are correct.

I didn't want the extra text appearing on the form page but are you saying once I have created the conditional rule I can remove the labels? That would be good.

I have selected the conditional field, then equal to, then the checkbox for that field but get stuck as to how I go from there. I only have the option to Move (that seems relevent) I don't see any If condition etc.

Looking at my 2 pages attached would you be able to advise as to what i am meant to select to achieve my goal of only providing download links for what they purchase?

I have 2 pages (see attached image) with 4 items (one free)

Am I missing a setting inside the conditional rules or elsewhere?

Kind regards

6 days 15 hours ago #6

• Vyacheslav
Condition example
If the field value is "1"- show the button will submit with one link
If the field value is "2" - show the button will submit with another link

Best Regards,

6 days 10 hours ago #7

• Mel
I am still trying to figure this out.

Are you saying I need to create multiple versions of the place your order button? So I create one for each single check box then another for where they might choose option 1 plus option 2, then another if they also select option 3 and so on?

If this is the case do i need to create a new page for each of these buttons?

Apologies for all the questions but I can't find anything in the docs to explain this process

6 days 10 hours ago #8

• Vyacheslav
That's right, a few buttons,
As for individual pages, this is also a valid option, maybe it will suit you

Best Regards,

6 days 3 hours ago #9

• Mel
Hi,

now I am into the swing of things it makes sense :)

One last question. With the submit button there are 3 options, I am using the payment gateway option for all purchases. However, once they made the purchase there is no thank you message or feedback of any kind, it just redirects to my home page. There isn't an option to select the Thank you message in addition to the paypal gateway on submit. It is either one or the other.

I can see there is a php option and tried this

<?php
header("Location: www.example.com/mythankyoupage");
exit();
?>

But it still goes to home page. What am i doing wrong?

Kind regards

5 days 3 hours ago #10

• Mel
Ah I sorted it, the redirect link is in the Paypal integration.

However, if there was a way to redirect using php code so I could send them direct to the page I want after they have submitted their payment that would be perfect (removing this interim step of having to go to their email first.

I have a problem whereby all the new submit buttons show on all the purchase pages and the calculations are not picking up properly.

Are you able to provide an example of a working form to acieve what I need? It would be most appreciated.

I can give you access to a test site if that helps you see my form structure. Just tell me how I post it privately

3 days 14 hours ago #11

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Most likely you didn't set up the rules of conditional logic correctly (the rules override each other).
We do not recommend using the same fields in different rules.
If there is a rule that will make the element visible,
there is no need to hide it in other rules (it will be hidden until the condition is met)

Best Regards,

3 days 12 hours ago #12

• Mel
Hi,

can I send you my form to see where I am going wrong? I don't really know what I am doing wrong here. Or I can send you access to a test site where i load thye form? Just tell me how I send it privately

3 days 12 hours ago #13

• Mel
I have 4 products in my form that the user can purchase. I am not sure how to handle it if they only buy one or two. We obviously don't want them to be able to download all products if they have only purchased one if that makes sense.

So I don't know how to set up the conditional login to handle this.

If they purchase book 1 and book 3 for example we only want them to be able to download those and not book 2 and 4

3 days 12 hours ago #14

• Vyacheslav
Unfortunately it won't work
in order for users to buy, you need to put a paypal on the button and the redirect will always be the same

Best Regards,

3 days 12 hours ago #15

• Mel
I do have paypal on the buttons, so there is no way of redirecting them depending on what they purchase? Or even only sending download links for what they buy?

3 days 11 hours ago #16

• Vyacheslav
Unfortunately, there is no way to do different redirects for paypal in forms

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

3 days 11 hours ago #17

• Mel
So how would you handle where people only buy 2 or 3 products normally with baforms? Surly there is a way to only send them what they select. If not by using a redirect how would this scenario be handled? Is there any way withing the settings to handle this?