Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Office 365

3 months 3 weeks ago #1

• Denise
I realize this is a Joomla issue, but do you know how to deliver the forms generated to an office 365 email? I've tried SMTP and keep getting errors. I'm thinking this is a problem that hasn't been solved by Joomla but thought I'd ask. I'm happy to pay someone to help me research/resolve this issue.

3 months 3 weeks ago #2

• Dave
Office 365 is my nightmare. What errors are you getting?

Have you tested your SMTP sending address with some delivery tools?

mxtoolbox.com/deliverability

toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/

www.mail-tester.com/

I've noticed some email addresses simply will not work. I had to change the Joomla send email to a Gmail account to get this to work. I had an IT guy at the other company try and figure it out. He never did. Again, a nightmare.

3 months 3 weeks ago #3

• Denise
I've not tried the ones you suggested, but I'll give it a try. In just the joomla > configuraiton. I can't get SMTP to even deliver a test message. I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

I just hired an IT guy to resolve this for me. I'll let you know if there is some magical thing we figured out.

I do appreciate your reply.

3 months 3 weeks ago #4

• Dave
That's the problem I had. My client was using 365 and could not get any emails from the site. Test or otherwise. I switched to a Google based email and it worked fine.

Are you able to send the test in Joomla? No errors, it shows that the test was sent?

3 months 3 weeks ago #5

• Denise
I'm getting this error when sending a test within joomla > configuration:

SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

I've only tried SMTP for this site with office365. I also tried a Gmail account and it worked perfectly.

I've heard that this is not an issue with wordpress. I can't believe someone hasn't figured this out. Now I don't feel so stupid I guess. LOL

3 months 3 weeks ago #6

• Dave
I would not be too quick to blame Joomla. I have used Office 365 emails to send from in Joomla 3. The problem I had was it took a long time to submit the form due to all the overhead you have in that system. Spam, checks or whatnot.

I thought you were trying to send to an Office email not send from one.

3 months 3 weeks ago #7

• Dave
It could also be hosting-related.