Page Structure Panel

Page Structure Panel
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Form not sending.

4 months 4 days ago #1

• Mark
So I see a lot of people have issues with forms not sending to the defined admin email, I have a recorded message in the backend but email isn't sending to recipient address, email is sending to the senders email though?

4 months 4 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Most likely you did not press enter after entering the address (as it is written in the placeholder)

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

4 months 4 days ago #3

• Mark
Yes I did, I have a few client sites and use Forms successfully but on this site it's not working for some weird reason.

4 months 3 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Try setting the default value for the From Email field.
Perhaps your hosting has restrictions on sending from other addresses

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

4 months 2 days ago #5

• Mark
Alreay tried it and not the case on my hosting otherwise all my client Balbooa sites would be the same.

4 months 1 day ago #6

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Send us a link to page with problem.
Send us Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

3 months 4 weeks ago #7

• Mark
Sent, thank you

3 months 4 weeks ago #8

• Artem
Hi there!

Forms works fine, I have tested with my gmail account. I have received and as admin and as a form submitter. Screens attached.

I can only recommend you to check your email spam folder or security settings

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

3 months 4 weeks ago #9

• Mark
It will not send to my Gmail account? Checked spam and everything, I am a web developer too, all my other client sites work, just this one will not send to my clients Gmail account! The Gmail account works if I send from any other email account, sends correctly, receives correctly but the Balbooa form will not send email to the account???

3 months 3 weeks ago #10

• Artem
Okay, if the forms is doesn't send emails, what are on my screens?

3 months 3 weeks ago #11

• Mark
Ok I found the culprit.

Strange one I have never come across before but somehow the remote server setting was "stuck". If you sent an email from any other account the email is delivered to the Gmail account, but, it seems when using the contact form the domain forwarding would not correctly check the MX records and basically gets held by the root user email account.

The "remote server" configuration, despite having the correct MX records for Google Gmail set and Auto detect server settings configured, was not checking the MX records and forwarding the form submissions.

Turning off the auto detect server settings and changing to "remote server" kicked in the correct configuration for the form send query and directed the email successfuly.

Testing using your own Gmail or using your own email would not correctly display or test the form submission as it was checking your recipient email server via the destination email, my clients server settings were failing because of the configuration outlined above.

Thanks for attempting to help, I had already run the tests to see if the form would send to another email address as outlined in my original post.

Anyway, problem solved.

3 months 3 weeks ago #12

• Artem
You have a really great experience. Thank you for sharing with us a solution!

Many thanks,
Artem, Balbooa.com

3 months 3 weeks ago #13

• Mark
Artem,
All sorted, thank you!

3 months 3 weeks ago #14

• Artem
Okay, great!

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com