Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

How to Add Field Items to the Cart?

5 months 2 weeks ago #1

• Christof
I am creating an order form using drag & drop in order to add the field «Cart» to the Form Editor. This was easy. But I am desperately looking for a way to add Field Items to the Cart. It seems to be impossible. The field «Cart» seems to automatically contain one example item. But how can I edit the field name and the cost? How can I add more field items? There is no field of the type «Product». There is no button for the example item. The only Button there is opens the cart, but not the product.

Thank you and kind regards
Chris

5 months 2 weeks ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

How to create a Order Form described in the documentation
www.balbooa.com/joomla-forms-documentati...albooa-forms-builder

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

5 months 2 weeks ago #3

• Christof
I watched the video and read the documentation. But I do not understand. In the video there are three items in the cart from the very beginning. In my case the cart settings contain a slide control «Products» that makes the example product in the editor form disappear/appear. Nothing else. See screenshot.
Attachments:

5 months 2 weeks ago #4

• Vyacheslav
You need to add products to the form,
products are added to the cart only on the frontend

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com
Attachments:

5 months 2 weeks ago #5

• Christof
Sorry but I do not understand and I am feeling rather stupid. I read the documentation which says:
To add a field item to the Cart, go to: Field Settings ➝ General ➝ Type ➝ select Product.
But how can go to «Field Settings» if there are no «Field Settings»?

There is an example product called «Product name». I guess I should be able to find a button for this element. But there is no button that lets me edit the product item settings. The only button I find opens the «cart» settings. See screenshot.
Attachments:

5 months 2 weeks ago #6

• Vyacheslav
You can see in the video how to add a product
nimb.ws/bshUH1

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

5 months 2 weeks ago #7

• Christof
Ok thank you very much for your patience. I think I got it now. I thought I have to place the product items WITHIN the cart. It was inconceivable for me that the cart is able to calculate the price from fields that are placed anywhere in the form. I am ok now. And my stupidness has decreased a little bit.

Kind regards
Chris

5 months 2 weeks ago #8

• Vyacheslav
You are welcome ;)