Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

how to force the language for a form ?

1 week 6 days ago #1

• amiens
hi,

on my www.website, i have 2 articles. first in french language and the second is in english language.
in my english language, the button naviguation remain in the de default language whereas all my text and field are in french language.
is there a paramter somewhere to force a particular form to be in english even when the default joomla site is french ?

on the dashboard page (where there is the list of all forms we build), there is a lang button (top right of the screen), this button affect ALL the forms is n't it ? not only the one we select ?

In the article where i integrated my english form, i set up the lang to be ENGLISH. But the form remains in french because my default website is French. I also enter ENGLISH in the menu item language too! But the form still continue to use the global language...

Some ideas :

Maybe, when we add the code [forms ID=5] can't we add the lang to ? like [forms ID=5 LANG=EN] ?

Maybe you could suggest a php script to make the plugin prefer the article language instead the global language (french) ?

Maybe i can't add in the URL a paramter to force a specific page to be in "english" language instead the global language (french) ?

The first problem with translation appear in multipage form because there is the button "SUIVANT (next in French) instead of the english translation.

Best regards

1 week 6 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

1. There is no such possibility.
2. Lang button sets and translates the language

If you need multilingual forms you need to duplicate the form and translate (headers, values, buttons ...) for each language

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 week 6 days ago #3

• amiens
Vyacheslav wrote:
Hello,

If you need multilingual forms you need to duplicate the form and translate (headers, values, buttons ...) for each language

Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

hi,

but NEXT button are not customizable, only submit button can be renamed.
Also the interface like (upload file, forget field..) need to be translated too...

Shall you guide me to detect where is the php code which catch the language in the plugin ?
maybe i can add a code like :
if (isset ($_get ("force_lang")....... then choose this other language instead of the default language...

Best regards

1 week 6 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
You can translate using the Joomla language manager.
Use a constants:
NEXT
BROWSE_FILES

Details in this post
support.balbooa.com/forum/gridbox/2781-t...re-in-the-blog#12426

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 week 3 days ago #5

• amiens
hi Vyacheslav,

i tried the override way , but NEXT is not a constant. (i looked the html code and button use Flex library, so maybe it does not run like this)
i tried Jnext but no effect here.
as i said, i need the language may be selected by article language field, not by global joomla .

when i set "english uk" in the language article option from the right panel (see the screen shot), the plugin should consider the english language and apply the english (not the french which is the default, and english is my secondary)
Attachments:

1 week 3 days ago #6

• Vyacheslav
You need to add a form in the language in which you need this article.

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 week 3 days ago #7

• amiens
hi,

thank you for helping me but i done that.
1 create create my form in english
2 i add the for in the article
3 i select english language on the right
4 i create the override
but look the , the button remain in french (you can see SUIVANT whereas i'd like Next Page)

also when i check the html, you can see the override is ignored there
Attachments:

1 week 3 days ago #8

• Vyacheslav
Send us a link to page with problem.
Send us FTP access and Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

have you installed French? This is required to install the language file

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com