Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Invisible Google Recaptcha Issue

1 month 1 week ago #1

• Dave
Hello, the ReCaptcha is opening up with a challenge when I open the page. Is this normal behavior? It is even opening in the editor when working on the form. The issue is if you click off the challenge it closes and then the form will never submit. This will be highly confusing for a user trying to submit the form.

drive.google.com/uc?id=15bffTIhZip0pKBR3D53JRg_RfqUM6qfP

Is there any other spam protection you offer?

I have never seen this happen before on my other forms using RSForm Pro. So I am unsure what is going on.

2. How is the honeypot working without me entering in a key?

Thank you

User cannot submit because the ReCaptcha is now missing.

1 month 1 week ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

1. With this question you need to contact the google Captcha developers.

2.Honeypot - This is a hidden checkbox and if the bot fills it in, the form will not be sent (a person cannot fill it in because he is not visible)

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 month 1 week ago #3

• Dave
I use Google Recaptcha on all sites. I have been using the invisible version for many years now. Not once on 40 websites have I every seen this happen until I started using your form. Isn't there a way to tie the check to the user hitting the submit button? I thought that was the way it worked?

1 month 1 week ago #4

• Dave
Their documentation shows this as the method. developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible

I believe this may be how it should work to eliminate this issue. Once you click off the challenge the window is gone and the form/order will never submit.

Thoughts?

1 month 6 days ago #5

• Dave
Hello, do you have any thoughts on this?

I have never seen this behavior in a form or any Joomla component using invisible recaptcha. This link shows you can tie it to a submit button vs on page load. I feel this is how most develoepers program it so it's not showing unless they actually try and submit the form. It's very confusing if it fires off the challenge and you click off of it and then cannot submit the form without reloading the page. No one will figure that out. I hope this can be sorted out.

1 month 6 days ago #6

• Björn
I've experienced the same issues with the invisible ReCaptcha that were integrated in balbooa Forms and after all I deactivated ReCaptcha. Same Issue with "this field is required" below the submit-button. The Honeypot works fine for me.

1 month 6 days ago #7

• Dave
Thank you for confirming. I really hope this can be fixed asap?

1 month 5 days ago #8

• Dave
Please respond so I can either continue with the bundle and use this form or switch back to another form system that only shows the recaptcha challenge when the submit button is pressed. This is bad user experience.

Thank you

1 month 4 days ago #9

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Send us a link to page with problem.

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 month 4 days ago #10

• Dave
You must know how you programmed your recaptcha integration?

Is this something you will change in the forms? If not I will just use my other form program. Unless you know how to make the recaptcha chalenge show it does not happen every time. So hard to troubleshoot. But since it is coming up in the edit window like my other post described, I know it's not set on the submit button.

I just cannot use a form that could prevent a user from submitting the form.

1 month 4 days ago #11

• Artem
Hi,

Send us a link to the page with your form

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 month 4 days ago #12

• Dave
The site is still being built and offline. My last support ticket email has the login to the admin area. The form is on that site.

I don't want to make this a big deal. I am fine using my other form program which has no issues. I just am trying to figure out if it's programmed for page load vs submit button. The Google documentation shows you can program the captcha challenge for either way. I have never seen it show on a page load before. Years of using it, this is the first time. And to come up in the editing window and prevent changes. This seems like a bug to me.

1 month 1 day ago #13

• Dave
Hello, since I cannot use this extension with this strange limitation you won't fix. Can I downgrade my bundle to just Gridbox and not the form or gallery? I don't understand why you won't make this change so it's functioning correctly.

1. Having to disable the recapthcha to work on the form should be a bug in itself.
2. Firing the recapthca challange on the page load is not how a form should work. The Google docs explain this. No sites do this, all users are going to be confused.

I admit the challenge does not happen to everyone or everytime. But my video clearly shows it does happen and if you click off the challenge the form is then unable to submit. If this is not a bug, I am not sure what is.

There is no way I could of known this before buying, as it's not how any other form is programmed to work with the invisible recaptcha.

Thank you

1 month 1 day ago #14

• Artem
Dave,

1. To provide you solution we need to check an issue.
2. I'm sure on 100% that reCAPCTHA in the Balbooa Forms works perfectly, we didn't receive any messages regarding this issue before.

Just provide us access to site and link to page with forms, that's all what we need.

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 month 1 day ago #15

• Björn
Artem wrote:
2. I'm sure on 100% that reCAPCTHA in the Balbooa Forms works perfectly, we didn't receive any messages regarding this issue before.

A couple of months ago, I've spotted the similar issue:
support.balbooa.com/forum/joomla-forms/9...ows-required-tooltip

The solution for me was to do avoid using the invisible ReCaptcha.

1 month 1 day ago #16

• Dave
OK, can I just get a refund. You don't want to fix this. Others are reporting it.

I showed you the Google documentation on how it's not tied to the submit button. If it was it would not show up in the backend editing window or when the page loads on the frontend.

I do not know how to trigger the recaptcha to show you. It's only when Google thinks you are a spambot. I get this on other sites, but ONLY when I hit submit.

So, I don't want to spend more time arguing about it, I just can't use it and don't feel I should pay for it.

1 month 1 day ago #17

• Artem
I have added invisible reCAPTCHA to our demo site. 100% the same Form installation package as you have.
Please try it: www.balbooa.com/demo/joomla-application-forms.html

and let me know results

1 month 1 day ago #18

• Artem

1 month 1 day ago #19

• Dave
I see no recathcha code loading? Source code shows nothing either.

1 month 1 day ago #20

• Artem
Okay, here is a simple question, why I see reCAPTCHA? and you also can see it on the video!
Something strange right?

Maybe some your browser extension make problems, try from other Browser, for example Google Chrome in the Incognito mode

1 month 1 day ago #21

• Dave
SiteGround and caching do have some weird issues with Firefox. I need to restart my computer and check it. I will test it and let you know. Thanks for adding it to your site so I can try and trigger the challenge on page load.

1 month 1 day ago #22

• Dave
For some reason it does not trigger on your site. However my sites built with your from are. Both of them that I have it installed on do this.

bit.ly/2GqdMvc

I have my browser set to trigger the recaptcha for testing. When I refresh the page it pops up.

On this site it only pops up when I hit the submit button. Any will not break the form submitting process.

bit.ly/35WF598

futureoffood.us/contact

As I indicated in another post about this. I can't save changes in your form on the backend because the recaptcha is popping up on page load and somehow messing with the page.

Something is going on. I've built 40+ Joomla sites with contact forms and Google recaptcha, this is the first issue I have had like this. So I am not really sure what's causing it but either way if you can't figure it out I cannot use this form system. I am fine not using it. I'll continue to use RSForm but simply don't want to pay for your system too.

I do like Gridbox and want to keep the developer bundle for that though.

Sorry to be hassling you with this. I'd rather just get a refund down to the developer plan on Gridbox and not have the Gallery or Form extension. I use BC and CC on forms and you don't want to add that either so I am stuck there as well. On the gallery extension, the extension does not resize on upload, this will fill my server with too many big files and make space limits a problem. I use VPS and Siteground, both have limits.

Sorry I did not know all this when I bought the programs.

Can we work this out? You could just extend my Gridbox subscription instead of refunding me and remove the bundle?

Thank you

1 month 23 hours ago #23

• Artem
Yes no problem, we can delete your Forms and Gallery and add days to your Gridbox subscription.

But can you please explain to me this!
www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/1577776?...8f9f049e3f9fdd8669a3

Why the Form works without any problems?!

1 month 20 hours ago #24

• Björn
Artem wrote:
Maybe some your browser extension make problems, try from other Browser, for example Google Chrome in the Incognito mode

In my case I was not able not reproduce the issue. But got several complaints by clients with screenshots from different desktop browsers and also mobile Android and iOS devices. I'm aware this is a very difficult situation, not able to reproduce fails.

1 month 20 hours ago #25

• Artem
Björn wrote:

In my case I was not able not reproduce the issue. But got several complaints by clients.

Exactly! The issue appears only for some users - it's a key! Invisible reCaptcha detects some users as spambots and does not allow them to pass it. That's why we recommend you to use ReCaptcha v2, cause it much stable!

If the problem was directly in the form component, then the problem would be for every user. You should understand that reCaptcha it's a 3rd Party iframe that we can't control or make any changes there.

1 month 18 hours ago #26

• Dave
Artem wrote:
Yes no problem, we can delete your Forms and Gallery and add days to your Gridbox subscription.

But can you please explain to me this!
www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/1577776?...8f9f049e3f9fdd8669a3

Why the Form works without any problems?!

As you know Google only triggers the challenge when it's a bot or suspecious to them. Just because you did not get the robot challenge does not mean others will not. I was getting it on my one of my sites using the form and on the backend as well building the form. That was causing the changes I was making not to be saved. It was very frustrating.

Please change time on subscription instead.

Thank you

1 month 16 hours ago #27

• Artem
Dave wrote:
Please change time on subscription instead.

Done! To your Gridbox Pro Unlimited subscription was added 262 days. Forms and Gallery were deleted!

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com