Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Issue with Text Editor Plugin

3 weeks 1 day ago #1

• Paul Gomirato
Hi

I have been noticing a persistent issue with the text editor plugin using Chrome for Mac.

Almost always, when I load a page for editing, "only the green edit icon for text editor" does not appear when hovering - all other edit icons appear fine.

The only way to solve this is to clear page cache and reload the page - then it appears. Yhis behaviour only happens with the text editor plugin - any other plug (i.e. video, headline, etc.) always appear without need to clear cache.

Can you help?

Thx

3 weeks 19 hours ago #2

• Rene
I agree with you Paul. Sometimes you have to click outside the editor field (in the grey borders around the editor) to let the green icon appear. This is sometimes annoying, certainly for end users.

2 weeks 5 days ago #3

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

We specifically hide the gear by clicking on the text so that you can enter text right there.
In order for the gear to appear, you need to click somewhere (beyond the plug-in text) and hover to the text, then the gear will appear.

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

2 weeks 5 days ago #4

• Paul Gomirato
Thank you Vyacheslav

I had no idea that this process was required - thought I had a browser related issue. It makes sense now.
However, when we need to access the editor to apply styles, etc. it was frustrating having to do the steps I did to have the icon appear.

Please consider adding this tip to the Docs as it is the only plugin with this behaviour and therefore clicking outside the plugin 's container is not something one would expect to do as normal behaviour :)

Cheers!

2 weeks 5 days ago #5

• Vyacheslav
You are welcome ;)
We will consider your offer.

Best Regards,

2 weeks 1 day ago #6

• Paul Gomirato
There seems to be a persistent issue with just the text editor plugin not related to clicking outside the text editor container.

I have captured a screencast video showing the issue - how can I get it to you?

The video clearly shows that the text editor plugin will not open when clicking the icon - even after clicking outside the container as instructed above, not even after clearing cache multiple times?

2 weeks 1 day ago #7

• Paul Gomirato
After I cleared the cookies for this website, the editor opens now.

Any idea what is going on with text editor plugin being blocked somehow with stored cookies?

I am using latest version of Chrome for Mac

1 week 4 days ago #8

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

It’s very strange that the problem is not constant, and we can’t repeat it,
maybe the reason is in the browser extensions,
try disabling them or checking them in another browser.

Best Regards,

1 week 4 days ago #9

• Paul Gomirato
Yes, I did also deactivate all extensions with same issue - I forgot to mention this.

What I can tell you is that the issue goes away once I delete stored cookie for the site. Then eventually the issue returns. The I delete again, and so on.

This only affects the text editor plugin - so it appears there is something in the script and cookies that are in conflict. Seeing as you understand how the plugin's script works, I thought this explanation of the issue may trigger a possible cause for this that you could investigate.

1 week 3 days ago #10

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for letting us know,
we will try to investigate this.

Best Regards,