Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

User Permissions

2 months 4 days ago #1

• Paul Gomirato
Hi

Is it possible to set permissions on a user where they can only have edit access to a single app?
This would mean no edit access to Pages or other other apps.

The example is creating a Zero App for adding inventory - the user should only be able to manage that area.

Thank you.

2 months 4 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

You can configure this in the application settings.

More in these posts:
www.balbooa.com/gridbox-documentation/permissions
www.balbooa.com/blog/gridbox/gridbox-dev...er-tools-permissions

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

2 months 4 days ago #3

• Paul Gomirato
Yes, I am aware GD has ability to set permissions.

What I am asking is whether I can lock down "edit capability" to a "single" app?

I want a user group to not have create or edit ability for all content on the site "except" for one zero app - where they can create, edit, delete those posts.

Is that possible?

2 months 3 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
You need to create/edit a user group and for all applications prohibit editing for them.
In the settings of a some zero app, enable creating/editing for this group of users

Best Regards,

3 weeks 2 days ago #5

• Paul Gomirato
Sorry, I am still not understanding fully.

I created a new user group with administrator priviledges.

In Gridbox, I accessed the permissions option and denied access for create, edit, delete for Administrator

Then in Gridbox, I selected the APP, opened Settings window and for Administrator I selected "allow access" for create, edit, delete" - but the "X" remains - so no override seems to happen.

What I am seeing is that "Pages" does not have its own "Permissions" option like the APPs do - so leaves me to have to set "create, edit, delete" to "deny" for Gridbox in order for "Pages" to be unaccessible.

But then when I go to the APP I want to make available to the user, "create, edit, delete" options will NOT switch from "deny" to "allow" due the the previous settings applied at Gridbox level.

Is the only option to edit every Page post and deny that group?

That's not the instructions you provided so not sure what to do.

Thank you.

3 weeks 1 day ago #6

• Artem
Hi there!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in Joomla. If you blocked options (create, edit, delete) in the Gridbox settings (parent item) for a specific group, in the Apps, Categories, Pages (Child Items), these options will be also blocked.

This is the rule of inheritance in Joomla. The same you can see in Joomla articles.

3 weeks 1 day ago #7

• Paul Gomirato
I assumed so :)

So to do what I want (lock out Pages) and only provide access to the APP, I have to individually disable access for every individual page?

I can do this but it would be great if you added the "permissions" option under "Settings" for Pages as well as the APPs.

My rationale for this is that when we turn over a website to client for future updating, they may not think to adjust permissions on new pages they create.

It would be so much easier to apply a global permissions to "Pages" in same manner as APPs.

2 weeks 5 days ago #8

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Thanks for your offer, we will consider it
Let us know if you need more assistance!

Best Regards,

2 weeks 2 days ago #9

• G.
+1