Feature Box And Icon List Plugins

Read More
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Support Policy
Remember me

.webp image format

2 months 2 weeks ago #1

• Stephan
Hallo Guys,

Thank you for adding this functionality to Gridbox.

I seem to have a problem that I cant view files that are in the .webp format in Gridbox. I have updated to the latest version. To create my .webp files I use a 3rd party program to convert my jpg files. I used my ftp client to import the files, but I cant see the files when I want to use it in Gridbox.

Is this what it should be or should I clear the cashe etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Stephan

2 months 2 weeks ago #2

• Artem
Hello, Stephan!
Before you start uploading WebP images, please note, that you need to add WebP as the allowed file type in the Gridbox options (Gridbox Admin >> Options >> Allowed File Types).

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

2 months 2 weeks ago #3

• Stephan
Hallo,

The compression with .webp is amazing when I work with a third party app, I still have to figure out how to do it in Gridbox, since the size is of the converted file is big. Should I adjust the percentage that it must be saved at?

Although this is the way forward, Apple still needs to buy into it and the images if saved in webp doesn't show in Safari and there a a number of other browsers that hasn't jumped on the bandwagon.

But if speed and ranking is the name of the game, then Google will force our hand.

Thank guys for building this into Gridbox. It's going to make a huge difference.

2 months 1 week ago #4

• Artem
Stephan,

Thank you for your kind words! Let us know if you'll need more assistance! :)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com