Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Support Policy
Remember me

Theme "Handmade", joomla menu entry is not created

7 months 2 weeks ago #1

• Daniel
Hello
I would like to take your handmade theme as a foundation. Unfortunately the theme specific menu entry in the joomla administrator is not created and I cannot select correct home menu as default (as seen in your video).
In consequence the menu is not working correctly.

If i choose another theme such as vivid or dreamport I can select the theme menu see the common menu entries and I can select the home menu as default.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
BR Daniel

7 months 2 weeks ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Theme "Handmade" use a "One Page Menu" plugin.
You need to add a "Menu" plugin and select the menu you need.

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

7 months 2 weeks ago #3

• Daniel
Hello Vyacheslav

Thank you for your helpful explanation. I am still confused why, after installing "Handmade", even the one page menu does not work. Actually only the last part of the page gets displayed. I would have expected, even if the the one page menu is missed, that the whole page is displayed. Also if i delete the existing menu, introduce a new one page menu and set all the anchor points, it works nicely at design time but not on the browser (cache deleted multiple times).

webdev.hitron.ch

What do I oversee?
BR Daniel

7 months 2 weeks ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

You need to bind the page to the menu item.
You currently have featured articles attached to it.

Read more in our documentation.
www.balbooa.com/gridbox-documentation/di...ying-on-the-frontend

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

7 months 2 weeks ago #5

• Daniel
Hello Vyacheslav

Thank you. This has solved the problem. For my understanding, it did not work, because featured articles were bound to the menu, right.

To focus more on the content, I consider to outsource the graphical webdesign part. In case you have a recommendation of somebody with good gridbox knowledge, let me know.

BR Daniel

7 months 2 weeks ago #6

• Artem
Daniel wrote:
In case you have a recommendation of somebody with good gridbox knowledge, let me know.

Hi, Daniel!

Just 1 day with Gridbox and you'll understand the main principles, it's easy :)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

7 months 2 weeks ago #7

• Daniel
Hello Artem

Your product is convincing me and your lightning fast support even more. As a senior programmer (embedded sytems) I hope at least to be able to bring things in place (sooner or later).

So lets say, if I want to merge the structure of "stone" with the look of "handmade" what files do I need to edit?
Which docs do I need to read? What's under the hood that I need to understand to accomplish this task.

Thank you for all your recommendations.

7 months 2 weeks ago #8

• Artem
So lets say, if I want to merge the structure of "stone" with the look of "handmade" what files do I need to edit?

In this case I can recommend you to install Stone and configure stone style to handmade, it would be much easier for you!

How to configure?! Start from the theme options, select correct fonts, etc.

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

7 months 2 weeks ago #9

• Daniel
Hello Artem

Thank you for your valuable recommendation. Following this path will save me a lot of time.

Best regards

Daniel

7 months 1 week ago #10

• Artem
You're welcome ;)
Let us know if you'll need more assistance!

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com