Remember me

Trying to embed video

7 years 7 months ago #1

• Alex
I was only able to embed a video using slideshow but it gives arrows (there are no other slides so I don't want this) and it runs as a background video ... no sound which I need. I really just want a simple embedded video from youtube. I tried installing Joomlaworks All Videos and inserting in gridbox as a module but all it shows is the code ... no video. Could not find in the help docs how to do this.

Thanks.

7 years 7 months ago #2

• Alex
Sorry ... figured out I could use the custom html module to do a video embed that is a part of gridbox. I have it worked out now.

7 years 7 months ago #3

• Artem
Hello,

Upload your video on YouTube, make it private (if it's necessary for you).

Copy video ID, open Section, Row or Column background options, Select Video Background and paste video ID in the field "YouTube Video ID"

Regards,

7 years 7 months ago #4

• Artem
Yes, also you can use standard Joomla! Custom HTML module or Gridbox Plugin "Custom HTML"

Regards,

7 years 7 months ago #5

• Alex
The only problem now is that it is not responsive. I used gridbox custom html and put youtube embed code in. Looks like it is going past the gridbox boundaries and nott paying attention to padding. See it here 192.185.2.105/~sandybot/index.php

7 years 7 months ago #6

• Artem
It's a fault of YouTube embedded code, it's not responsive and it's a fact.
But, here is a great solution: coolestguidesontheplanet.com/videodrome/youtube/

Regards,

7 years 7 months ago #7

• Alex
Thanks. That worked great! Any idea how to get rid of the black line above and below the video? Can't seem to figure it out.

7 years 7 months ago #8

• Artem
Hello,

Try to set iframe sizing to 400 * 225px

Regards,