Remember me

Store App - display of multi categories

3 months 3 weeks ago #1

• Marc
Hi Balbooa,

I'm creating a site with the Store app for the first time. Most products belong to multiple categories. The category list layout has a categories plugin, to allow the products to be filtered.

However, the functionality is confusing to the user. When a filtered by category, the product listing only displays the default category. For example:

Event through the category "contemporary" is selected, to the user, it appears products from "abstract" and "modern" are being shown (because these products have multi-categories).

The product listing should display all the categories that it's been assigned to (or have the option to), otherwise the filtering doesn't make sense to the user.

Or have I mist-configured something?

Many thanks
Marc

3 months 3 weeks ago #2

• Viacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

If we understand correctly from the screenshot, you are using a category plugin, it is not a filter (link to category).
Read more about filters in this post
www.balbooa.com/blog/gridbox/gridbox-con...-to-filter-out-items

Regards,
Viacheslav, Balbooa.com

3 months 3 weeks ago #3

• Marc
HI Viacheslav,

I want to be able to click on a category, and only show those items within that category - which is exactly what the category plugin does. So no problem there.

However, when a category is clicked on, the displayed items only show the default category. So, as in my example, the user has clicked on the "contemporary" category, but categories displayed on the product listings are: "abstract" and "modern".

I understand this is because those items are associated to both "contemporary" and either "abstract" or "modern". However, this is confusing for the user, as they just selected products in the "contemporary" category, but are being show products in "abstract" and "modern" categories - so the website looks broken.

As above, when a product is associated to multiple categories, when the category field is shown on the product, it should display ALL the categories it is associated with. Then it's inclusion in the product listing would be obvious.

Many thanks
Marc

3 months 3 weeks ago #4

• Viacheslav
Thanks for the detailed explanation
We will take this into account

Best Regards,
Viacheslav, Balbooa Support Team