Remember me

Store App - If all shipping costs are a flat rate - can I exlude one category?

5 months 3 weeks ago #1

• Oliver
Hello awesome balbooa -Team B)

I set all shipping costs in the store app to a flat rate. My client only uses one shipping fee for an order.
But he has one category where you can buy a gift card and after purchase he sends a promotion code by e-mail.
How can I exlude the category of gift cards from the flat shipping fee?

As the generation of promo codes can't be automated the code is always generated for the amount of the ordered gift card and then sent by e-mail.

I tried the solution of shipping rate per category. But if I order from different categories it adds up all the shipping fees.

Do you have any idea how I can exclude one category from the shipping fees?

THANK YOU very much in advance!

Kind regards, Oliver

5 months 3 weeks ago #2

• Artem
Hi Oliver,

I can propose you to use Digital products for Gift cards B)
Digital products don't have any shipping fees

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

5 months 3 weeks ago #3

• Oliver
Hi Artem,

Thank you very much for your reply!

But if I use the Digital Product for the gift card I have to put a link to the digital product. I can't link the product - after purchase the code has to be generated and then it has to be sent manually by e-mail.

I have to think how I go from here but it helps me a lot that I don't have a shipping fee on digital products.

Kind regards,
Oliver

5 months 3 weeks ago #4

• Artem
Oliver,

To digital product you can add some .txt file or link to page, in which will some information, ex. "during 24 hours you will receive email with a coupon code" :)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

5 months 3 weeks ago #5

• Oliver
Artem! THANK YOU!

That is a brilliant idea - I will take your advice :) :) :) :)

THANK YOU very much!!!!!

Kind regards,
Oliver

5 months 3 weeks ago #6

• Oliver
Hello Artem,

now I followed your advice that I changed the gift card to a Digital Download. Behind the download link is a picture of the product and the message that the gift card with the code will be received shortly by Email.
It also works as it should that there are no shipping costs for the gift cards - every other category else is inside the flat fee of shipping costs.

But now after a customer purchased a gift card the order immediately is marked as completed. My client is now confused in his workflow processing the orders. Is there a possibility to change that or does my client has to get used to it that the gift cards immediately change to order completed?

THANK YOU very much in advance for your help!

Kind regards,
Oliver