Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Password Access to plugins

6 years 5 days ago #1

• Paul Gomirato
When we hand over a Gridbox website to our customer to manage, are we are also required to provide them with our Balbooa username/password to get access to plugins?

Is there a way to assign new username/password access just to the Gridbox resources?

I for one am not handing over my membership access info so customers can manage their sites :)

How are you handling this?

6 years 5 days ago #2

• Artem
In this case, we can only propose you to hide button "Upload New Plugin"
but before, You need to import all available plugins

Place this code into gridboxcore custom.css file
templates >> gridboxcore >> css >> custom.css
a.ba-btn-primary.upload-plugin {
    display: none;
}

If your customer want to develop website without you and use PRO plugins, he need to buy subscription.
Want to notice, we didn't set any limits in domains for our products, you as a subscription owner can use our products without limitations. and of course your customers can use Gridbox (edit / create / delete etc.) but not import PRO features: Plugins and Themes.

Thank you for understanding

6 years 5 days ago #3

• Paul Gomirato
This is fine except for one problem.

As web developers, we hand over a website to our clients so they can manage their site should they choose that option.

If we cripple the plugins, while we have an active membership, it means we have to explain to our client they can no longer update their site with anything that requires a plugin - so in essence, they can only edit what's there - not create new content that would have required a plugin to do so.

I suppose the idea behind Gridbox is that we would need to inform the client to sign up for their own membership and have them agree to this before developing the site?

6 years 4 days ago #4

• Artem
Hi,

Without subscription your customers can create new pages, use already imported plugins and use all Gridbox features. Limit just in importing "Future" plugins and themes. I didn't see any problems here ;)

6 years 4 days ago #5

• Paul Gomirato
I wasn't sure because I noticed when I let the Joomla session expire and return to the Gridbox page, the login window popped up requiring me to enter my info before accessing the page.

Since this has nothing to do with accessing plugins, it threw me off. Can you explain what is happening?

6 years 4 days ago #6

• Paul Gomirato
OK - I need you to explain how this works :)

I just logged into the site,
Went to the Gridbox Pages.
Clicked on the page I was working on.
Gridbox login window popped up.
Will not let me get access to the page without entering info.

How would this work with customer who doesn't have a Membership?

6 years 4 days ago #7

• Artem
Paul Gomirato wrote:
Gridbox login window popped up.
Will not let me get access to the page without entering info.

But at this step you need to enter your Joomla Super User username and password. Balbooa Username and Pass you need to enter only for:
1. Import New Plugins
2. Import New Theme

Regards,

6 years 4 days ago #8

• Paul Gomirato
I see.
It was confusing as I did not expect to log in two times with my admin info.

First time, of course... second time to access Gridbox page?.... why if I'm logged into backend already?

So, my assumption is the form wants "membership" login info.

Perhaps you can better explain this process in the documents?