Remember me

Smartphone view - Column width

1 year 3 months ago #1

• Martina
Hi! I just realized that all the websites I created with gridbox are completely broken on the smartphones. Obviously, I did optimize them when I created them and checked on several devices (Mostly 2 smartphones and 1 tablet). Now the column width seems to be reset at every single column, and I would have to go inside and adjust them again for mobile use. This will take me weeks of work on all the websites I manage. Are you familiar with this problem? I don't know if it is related to the new update because I usually only check the desktop version after an update. I do the updates mostly immediately after they arrive. I send you a screenshot of what I mean with the column. I really hope you can help me here. Thank you in advance and happy new year :)
Attachments:

1 year 3 months ago #2

• Viacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Send us a link to page with problem.

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 year 3 months ago #3

• Martina
This is one example website where I have the problem:

www.fensterfolien-zemann.at/

Do you want login excess?

1 year 3 months ago #4

• Viacheslav
You need to disable minification in site settings and clear the cache

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 year 3 months ago #5

• Martina
I'm sorry, but this didn't work.

This site is also broken on smartphone and everything in the site setting is deactivated:

www.austrian-foodie.at/

1 year 3 months ago #6

• Artem
Martina,

Is the latest Gridbox version - 2.13.0.3?
If yes, send us please Joomla admin access using our contact form:
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 year 3 months ago #7

• Martina
Hi!

Thank you for sending me a video showing that the smartphone optimization works. Actually, I knew that and this was not the problem at all. All our websites for our clients were already optimized for Tablet and Smartphones use. This was checked with several devices and at least another college of mine checked before showing the website to our clients. Now all websites, without exception are not smartphone optimized any more. This must have happened after one of the latest updates because nobody was working at those websites.

1. I have over 20 Websites that were perfectly optimes for mobile use
2. Now all those websites have in common that they are not optimized for mobile use any more
3. The issue is the column width, which was already set but is now like reset with 6 all the time.

Is there any way you can help me here, or do I have to optimize all those websites again?

Thank you and best regards

1 year 3 months ago #8

• Viacheslav
Hello

Maybe this solution will work for you:
You need to add CSS code in the code editor
@media (max-width: 768px){
	.body [class*="ba-col"], 
	.footer [class*="ba-col"], 
	[class*="ba-col"] {
	    margin-left: 0;
	    width: 100%;
	}	
}

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 year 3 months ago #9

• G.
I have the same issue.
I have the latest Gridbox version - 2.13.0.3

1 year 3 months ago #10

• Artem
Hi there,

Is not a bug, and I can explain. In previous Gridbox versions, responsive (automatically displaying 1 column layout) started displaying from Tablet Portrait.

But since, Tablet Portrait can normally display 2 columns, in version 2.13.x we moved (automatically displaying 1 column layout) from Tablet Portrait to Smartphone Portrait, and it's correct.

And now, if the columns on Tablet Portrait weren't configured, the number of columns inherit from the parent device - as a result we have this issue.

So, for all ready-made site which has an issue with displaying, to not waste time on reconfiguring the responsive view we propose this solution, just copy and paste code to the CSS editor, it takes 1 minutes, mich faster than update Joomla on site

support.balbooa.com/forum/gridbox/17151-...w-column-width#81080

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 year 3 months ago #11

• G.
Perfect, thank you very much Artem

1 year 3 months ago #12

• Martina
Thank you very much for explaining this and providing the code. I already tested it and everything is good now again.

Thank you again and best regards :)

1 year 3 months ago #13

• Viacheslav
You are welcome!
Let us know if you need more assistance!

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

5 months 4 weeks ago #14

• Ralf
I am having the same problem, would you suggest the same fix for www.auxilic.com?

5 months 4 weeks ago #15

• Viacheslav
Hello,

Describe in more detail what result you want to get

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com