Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Category List - mobile

6 months 3 weeks ago #1

• Matt
Hello, the category list layout doesn't seem to be responsive to mobile. how can we edit the number of columns displayed per mobile device?

6 months 3 weeks ago #2

• Dave
If you mean the Blog or Zero App category list, then you need to go into the Blog/Zero App and open the Category List Layout. Use the gear at the top next to the word Blog, etc.

Then find the category green gear Item and open it to edit and set the columns you want in each view. Change the view on top to any of the layout views and open the edit and change it for each view. Remember the views inherit the one you set before it so you only need to change the ones you want different.

6 months 3 weeks ago #3

• Matt
Thanks Dave! That's why I assumed, but for some reason it was carrying the same column structure throughout. Went back and edited and all is well with the world!

Another question - have you seen/experienced away to use a carousel or slider for just text? Seems like all of the options are image driven and not applicable to what we're trying to accomplish.

6 months 3 weeks ago #4

• Dave
Yes, there is a way. It's not very apparent but very easy.

1. Create a Content Slider and pick any image so it adds the Plugin to the page.

2. Open the Plugin and click on the edit icon in the first and only slide.

3. Change Item type to None or anything you want.

4. Close that and go back to the page editor.

5. Configure the rest of that new row. E.g., add headlines, nested rows, etc.

6. Go back in and duplicate the Content Slider Items or create new ones.

Works like a charm.

6 months 3 weeks ago #5

• Matt
That's genius! I wish the documentation was better on the plugins... There's quite a few that seem to do the same thing but have nuances that differentiate them.

On another note, we just launched a site and can't figure out how to add the Code editor. Joomla 4 (latest version of gridbox). The testing site had code editor and preloader but the new location does not.

6 months 3 weeks ago #6

• Dave
Did you move the website to the new hosting? Were they both Joomla 4?

6 months 3 weeks ago #7

• Dave
You and every other user wants better documentation. Not sure what the angle is. It could be an SEO-centered reason. Lots of traffic searching and time on the site. Or it's just too much work to keep up with it and make sure it's up to date. Either way, it gets easier as time goes on. Great product. Just wish they were not in the land of constant danger over in that part of the world.

6 months 3 weeks ago #8

• Matt
We've been here since day 1...I would think that it would be easier to provide a true documentation than to field emails/questions all day via the forum and support emails. Agreed on the location...I used to check in with Artem to see how he was doing when the whole thing started. Anytime we hear news of the situation over there, my heart just sinks for all of the people of Ukraine. I can only hope that the Balbooa team stays safe!
Thanks again for your suggestions and help Dave, I really appreciate it!

6 months 3 weeks ago #9

• Dave
I have no issue with the preloader or code editor in J4. Siteground for example caches things heavily. Certain changes actually require I restart my computer. Don't ask me why, it's something to do with my ISP. I spend hours looking into this.

So you may need to do some real cache cleansing, etc., and check it again.

6 months 3 weeks ago #10

• Dave
The news today was not good, I too hope everyone over there is safe and remains that way.