Advanced Hover Settings

Advanced Hover Settings For Joomla Website Builder Gridbox
Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Page Elements on product pages

1 month 3 weeks ago #1

• Markus
Hello,

we would like to create rich and individuell product pages with elements from a regular gridbox page. As of now there is no option to style each product page individually - there is just a text editor. It would be really helpful to - for example - add an accordeon element with certain infos for one product and different infos for another product. Or have different sections and styles per product page.

Is there a way to achieve this?

1 month 3 weeks ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

You can create a unique product page (application page)
and add a button that allows you to buy this product

www.balbooa.com/blog/gridbox/introducing...ity-and-new-features

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 month 2 weeks ago #3

• Markus
Thank you for the pointer. I'm aware of this option. The thing is, if you use regular gridbox pages you will end up with double content (product page and gridbox page). As a product always needs its own product page in order to function within the shop plugin. At latest from the shopping cart you will be able to click on the product and end up on the shop product page, not the created regular gridbox page.
Also category listings and other shop functionality only works with product pages.

Anyway I managed to build a rich product page by adding multiple text area with editor fields to the single page layout of the product page. If you would add a custom html field type for those pages, almost every layout/design would be possible.

Another option I would like ist to have different single page layouts per product category. So you could add different "recomendet products" fields in each category.

The last thing nice to have are custom form/option fields with conditional logic. This means the forms plugin within product pages.

Maybe with time, the balbooa shop plugin will evolve to an alternativ to the other shoping systems on the market. This will be possible if some data exchange format is offered.

Thanks for reading, if you came that far.

Best regards
Markus

1 month 2 weeks ago #4

• G.
The last thing nice to have are custom form/option fields with conditional logic. This means the forms plugin within product pages.

Maybe with time, the balbooa shop plugin will evolve to an alternativ to the other shoping systems on the market. This will be possible if some data exchange format is offered.
+1

1 month 2 weeks ago #5

• Artem
Hi there!

Maybe it will be useful. To prevent content duplication I would suggest 301 redirects in the .htaccess file from the original product page to the new one (single page). Also, using redirect you will be able to use store category listing, etc

This is will work If your store comes with a not large number of products :)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 month 2 weeks ago #6

• Markus
I see, nice suggestion. But indeed a lot of effort if you have a lot of products.

The editor for blog posts is nice because there all the regular elements of an gridbox page can be used. This would be a good solution for product pages as well.

1 month 2 weeks ago #7

• Artem
Okay, in this case, I can propose you to use the Gridbox plugin post content, add it to the Single post of the product page

After that, you will find an advanced page editor in the product, which allows you to use all Gridbox features

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 month 2 weeks ago #8

• Markus
Oh man Artem, thank you very much. This is actually exactly what I was looking for in the first place. I was not aware of that element or even what it does. Would have saved me a lot of effort.

I suggest to write a blog post about the possibilities of the product page including this "post content" element. As with this element you are basically getting all the functionality of gridbox.

Thanks again!

1 month 2 weeks ago #9

• Artem
With Gridbox dreams comes true! B)
www.balbooa.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/28-...te-builder-gridbox-2

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 month 2 weeks ago #10

• Markus
Add Store app to the title or simply post it again in regards to the store app. So that more people find it when looking for store functionality.