Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Editing Issue?

1 week 6 days ago #1

• Paul Gomirato
I have discovered an issue with a website I am currently developing - msdsb.pgadvdesign.com/

The issue has to do with the editing differences between desktop view and laptop view.

I have a row inside the header that includes a background image and color overlay.

In desktop view, when I try to edit the row by applying overlay color or background image, no "visual" change occurs on the page. For example, if the overlay color is currently "green", if I apply "purple" as the new color overlay, I see the color swatch change to purple - BUT the overlay color remains green?

However, in laptop view, I can apply the changes and see them take effect as I make them.

So the issue is that as I make the style changes to the row in desktop view (i.e. select a color for overlay or add bkgd image) - I don't see the change visually, so it is easy to "miss" what the styling looks like when reviewing the different views during quality control check.

My recollection with other gridbox sites is that I only have to apply any styling to all areas of the page in "desktop" view and those styles would transition down from laptop to mobile portrait?
So, only having to create the styling in one view for all.

Why would the desktop and laptop views require independent input from me? And why is the desktop view not properly displaying the styling even when I make changes in the editor?

1 week 5 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

Incorrect display is possible due to a mismatch between the breakpoint and the width of the monitor (for example, your the monitor is equal to the width of the laptop).
Styles may not be inherited if you have changed the styles (for elemrnt) on the laptop at least once, the inheritance from the desktop will be lost

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 week 5 days ago #3

• Paul Gomirato
Thanks Vyacheslav

I have always used Macbook Pro and never had this issue on any other GB site - so i don't think it's the display resolution. I have also not changes the default break points.

What is strange is that this issue is only happening with this one ROW - I can apply style changes on other elements in desktop view and I see them when applied as expected.

When I change the overlay colour (in desktop view) to green, you see it in the editor but as you can see in the attachment, it stays orange.

I seem to only be able to change the style of this row in laptop view - and then when I do, it now also appears with the new style in desktop view.

So in a nutshell, it appears desktop view does not apply the style changes.
Attachments:

1 week 5 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Send us a link to page with problem.
Send us FTP access and Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 week 5 days ago #5

• Paul Gomirato
All pages (under Integrated Services) have same issue

Here is one:

msdsb.pgadvdesign.com/cs-overview

You will see that they will appear the same now - I had modify the bkgd image/colour overlay for each page (in desktop view) to match what laptop view shows.

The issue is that when editing these styles in desktop view, they "do not" change the content of this row "visually" in edit view - so it leaves you "trusting" that what you apply in the editor (i.e. change colour overly to another colour) it has been applied to the row (although you can not see the colour change)

Hope this makes sense.

Not sure viewing the pages from public view will help you though.

1 week 5 days ago #6

• Vyacheslav
Send us Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 week 23 hours ago #7

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

As we wrote earlier, the problem arises from a breakpoints.
Everything works well when using browser zoom
more on video
nimb.ws/HlxPh9
nimb.ws/fXnsQp

Best Regards,

1 week 16 hours ago #8

• Paul Gomirato
Hi Vyacheslav

Thank you for reviewing and clarifying this for me.

Seeing as I did not make any changes to the default breakpoints, can you provide more details for what you mean by "zoom browser"? I am using Chrome browser set to "actual size" for zoom settings - so I am not clear what you are referring to.

Thank you!

1 week 16 hours ago #9

• Vyacheslav
More about browser zoom in this post
support.google.com/chrome/answer/96810?c...form%3DDesktop&hl=en

Can also be use zoom in the operating system

Simplest solution: reduce laptop breakpoints (1366px)

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 week 15 hours ago #10

• Paul Gomirato
OK, it is making sense now.

Thank you again.

1 week 15 hours ago #11

• Vyacheslav
You are welcome ;)
Let us know if you need more assistance!

Best Regards,