Miko. eCommerce Template

Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Images go missing overnight

2 weeks 6 days ago #1

• Neil
I have a really unusual issue - some images added to gridbox blog posts disappear overnight. Yesterday three new blogs were posted, two with jpg, one with a gif. The two jpg images went missing overnight.

nsw.childcarealliance.org.au/news-current

The two jpgs are still in their original locations in images/2021/Articles/imagename.jpg
but when I use Google developer tools to examine the rendered code today it has truncated the folder called "Articles" from the path to become images/2021//imagename.jpg

Notice the path has just // instead of /Articles/

Why would "Articles" be removed from the path and how?

See before

See change from overnight to rendered code

This morning to try and fix this I edited one of the blogs with the missing jpg by browsing for and selecting the missing image, hitting save and then it appeared ok again.

I left the last missing one for you to see for blog titled "Negatively affected LDCs from NSW’s “free preschool” funding"

This has been happening for the past couple of weeks and I just can't determine if this is caused by Gridbox, SiteGround or something else.

I have all cache settings turned off in Gridbox, Joomla and SiteGround. I don't have Cloudflare for this site.

Have you heard of this happening to Gridbox blog images before? Do you have any suggestions?

Neil

2 weeks 6 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Send us FTP access and Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 week 6 days ago #3

• Neil
Hi - just wondering if you received the login and ftp details and whether you have had time to see if Gridbox coul dbe cuasing the disappearing images overnight? Thanks.

1 week 6 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

We answered your e-mail

Unfortunately, we could not figure out the reason for this behavior,
let us know if you can find a pattern after what actions this problem appears

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 week 5 days ago #5

• Neil
Thanks for checking. It happened again overnight. I have asked our staff blogger to upload the next image to a different folder called "Art" instead of "Articles" in case that is causing the issue. It is also weird that it doesn't happen to "gif" images, just "jpg".

So we all we know is that it happens when there is a new blog with a new jpg saved to a folder with "Articles" as the name.